This photo was taken on 24 June 1919, Alton. A vacant building site is being used as a market known as Market Square. The 18th Century house "Lady Place" in the corner of Market Square was aquired at the site of a proposed new library. However, it was demolished and the site was incorporated into a car park. From the book "Bygone Alton"