Ettrick James (Jim) Cherry
M, b. May 1899, d. 20 December 1986
- Ettrick James (Jim) Cherry was born in May 1899 in Queensland.
- He was the son of Ettrick James Cherry and Amelia Theresa Albertino Daro.
- Ettrick James (Jim) Cherry enlisted in the AIF on 29 June 1916 in Toowoomba. He was living at Cooyar at the time and listed his mother Amelia, of Cooyar as his next of kin. He stated he was an 18 year old railway porter but was in fact only 17. He served in France where he was wounded, and returned to Australia on 18 July 1919.
- He appeared on the Electoral Roll with Ettrick James Cherry and Amelia Theresa Albertino Daro in 1925 in Cooyar. Ettrick was a storekeeper and Amelia carried out home duties. Their son Jim, a labourer and daughter Elsie Martha also lived at Cooyar.
- Ettrick James (Jim) Cherry appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1930 living at Cooyar. He was a labourer.
- At the age of 32 years, Ettrick James (Jim) Cherry married Teresa Catherine Fahey in 1932 in Queensland.
- In 1938 James was interviewed by Carlene Scherger as part of the "Australia 1938 oral history project". The sound recording is available in the National Library of Australia. In the inverview Jim speaks of his family background; family life with father who was a drover; school and childhood; employment experiences; healthcare; politics; religion; conscription; experiences during World War I; own business; marriage; family lifestyle; children; infantile paralysis; recreation; contact with Aborigines; royalty; Australia's future in the late 1930's.
- Ettrick James (Jim) Cherry and Teresa Catherine Fahey appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Cooyar. Ettrick was a labourer.
- Ettrick James (Jim) Cherry and Teresa Catherine Fahey appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1958 living at Cooyar. Ettrick was a labourer. Their son Robert was a store keeper.
- Ettrick James (Jim) Cherry appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1963 living at Clarence Street, Cooyar. Ettrick was a labourer. Their son Edward was a technician.
- In 1976,his wife, Teresa Catherine Fahey died in Queensland.
- Ettrick James (Jim) Cherry died on 20 December 1986 at age 87.
- He was buried on 23 December 1986 in Crow's Nest Cemetery. LAWS1-00D-0004.
Henry Ettrick Cherry
M, b. 1893, d. 1971
Ivy Gertrude Cherry
F, b. 1906
Linda Lucy Isabel Cherry
F, b. 1912
Mary Elizabeth Cherry
F, b. 1878, d. 1974
- Mary Elizabeth Cherry was born in 1878 in Queensland. She was the daugther of Alfred Cherry and Mary Higgins.
- She and Robert Luke Coleman appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1913 living at Highland Plain. Robert was a farmer.
- At the age of 47 years, Mary Elizabeth Cherry married Robert Luke Coleman, son of John Coleman and Louisa Steward, in 1925 in Queensland.
- In 1947,her husband, Robert Luke Coleman died in Queensland.
- Mary Elizabeth Cherry died in 1974 in Queensland.
Mervyn Michael Cherry
M, b. 1910, d. 1941
- Mervyn Michael Cherry was born in 1910 in Queensland. He was the son of Thomas Frederick Cherry and Clara Emma Mason.
- He was the son of Thomas Frederick Cherry and Clara Emily Mason.
- At the age of 24 years, Mervyn Michael Cherry married Vera Gladys Voll, daughter of Frederick Voll and Augustina Genrich, on 25 August 1934 in Queensland.
- Mervyn Michael Cherry died in 1941 in Queensland due to complications of an operation.
Philip James E Cherry
M, b. circa 1885, d. 1952
- Charts: Descendants of William Crawford.
- Philip James E Cherry was born circa 1885. He was the son of George William Cherry and Eliza Pittman.
- Philip James E Cherry married Sarah Jane Crawford, daughter of James Crawford and Flora Ann McMullen, in 1913 in New South Wales, Australia.
- Philip James E Cherry and Sarah Jane Crawford lived in Merom Creek. They were farmers. They late moved to Nimbin and were living there when their sons Phillip and William joined the Army during the Second World War.
- Philip James E Cherry died in 1952 in New South Wales.
Thomas Frederick Cherry
M, b. circa 1875, d. 1947
Andrew Charles Roy Chick
M, b. 1893
- Andrew Charles Roy Chick was born in 1893 in New South Wales.
- He was the son of Hannah Chick.
M, b. 1896, d. 1896
F, b. circa 1780
- Elizabeth Chick was born circa 1780.
- Elizabeth Chick married Samuel Hockey, son of James Hockey and Jean Hayward, on 12 May 1799 in Middle Chinnock.
- Elizabeth Chick and Samuel Hockey appeared on the census of 7 June 1841 in Middle Chinnock. Samuel is shown as a sail cloth weaver aged 65, living with his wife Elizabeth aged 60.
Children of Elizabeth Chick and Samuel Hockey
- Elizabeth Hockey+ b. 13 August 1799, d. November 1834
- Mary Hockey b. 3 August 1801
- Ann Hockey b. 1804
- Martha Hockey b. 11 April 1806
- Samuel Hockey+ b. 7 February 1809
- Charles Hockey+ b. 10 August 1811, d. before 1881
- George Hockey+ b. 20 November 1814, d. 6 September 1894
- Eliza Hockey b. 21 September 1817
- Caroline Hockey b. 29 March 1821, d. 16 April 1832
- Jane Hockey b. 25 June 1826
M, b. 1862, d. 1863
Gordon John Chick
M, b. 1892, d. 3 May 1917
- Gordon John Chick was born in 1892 in New South Wales.
- He was the son of John Frederick Chick and Theodora Caroline Grey.
- Gordon John Chick began military service on 15 June 1915 in New South Wales. His sevice number was 1901 and his next of kin was listed as John Frederick Chick of Homestead (Hill View), Tenterfield. Gordon was a cheese factory manage. He served in France, becoming a Sergeant and was reported missing in action on 3 May 1917.
- Gordon John Chick died on 3 May 1917. He was killed in action in France and is buried somewhere near Hindenburg. His memorial is at VILLERS-BRETONNEUX, Somme, France.
F, b. 1870, d. 1942
- Hannah Chick was born in 1870 in New South Wales.
- She was the daughter of William Chick and Prudance French.
- At the age of 30 years, Hannah Chick married Edwin Andrews in 1900 in Granville.
- Hannah Chick died in 1942 in Auburn, New South Wales.
Child of Hannah Chick
- Andrew Charles Roy Chick b. 1893
M, b. 1866, d. 1940
John Frederick Chick
M, b. 1864, d. 1946
- John Frederick Chick was born in 1864 in New South Wales. He was unnamed at the time his birth was registered.
- He was the son of William Chick and Prudance French.
- At the age of 28 years, John Frederick Chick married Theodora Caroline Grey, daughter of Martin Grey and Jane Randall, in 1891 in West Maitland.
- In 1934,his wife, Theodora Caroline Grey died in Queensland.
- John Frederick Chick died in 1946 in Ryde, New South Wales.
F, b. 1860
Norman Leslie Chick
M, b. 1899, d. 1951
Percival A Chick
M, b. 1894, d. 1895
Susan Elizabeth Chick
F, b. 1872, d. 1959
Susan Elizabeth Chick (1872-1959), daughter of William Chick & Prudence French, niece of William French. Photo courtesy of Helen J. Photo enhanced by Ray Cullen.
M, b. circa 1836, d. 1911
- William Chick was born circa 1836.
- He was the son of William Chick.
- William Chick married Prudance French, daughter of Jacob French and Hannah Osborne, on 1 March 1860 in Ilminster, Somerset. Prudence was 29 and William the 24 year old son of John Chick a cordwainer. William was a labouer. Both William and Prudence lived at Ilminster. William signed his name, Prudence with her mark.
- William Chick and Prudance French immigrated to Sydney on 13 July 1860. They came on the vessel Chance. There was also an Elizabeth French aged 22 on the vessel. Perhaps this was Prudence's sister. It appeares that William and Prudance made their way to the Morpeth district where their first two children were born. Prudance's brother William French would have been living in the Paterson District at that time, and the families both lived in the Paterson District after about 1864.
- William Chick died in 1911 in New South Wales. Both William & Prudence died in 1911.
M, b. 1868, d. 1942
F, b. 1911
- Hazel Childs was born in 1911 in Queensland. She was the daughter of Thomas Childs, a carrier of Cania and Mary Vallis.
- At the age of 21 years, Hazel Childs married Leslie Ernest Bidgood, son of William Gregory Bidgood and Anna Barbara Salome (Emily) Anger, in 1932 in Queensland.
- Hazel Childs and Leslie Ernest Bidgood appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1936 and 1943 living at Emu Creek, Queensland. He was a farmer. Hazel gave her address as Pine View.
- Hazel Childs and Leslie Ernest Bidgood appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1949 living at Montarv Valley. Les was a grazier.
- Hazel Childs and Leslie Ernest Bidgood appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1954 and 1980 living at Wurama, Condamine. Les was a grazier.
M, b. circa 1810
Mary Ann Childs
F, b. 1810, d. June 1887
- Mary Ann Childs was born in 1810 in Bradford.
- At the age of 18 years, Mary Ann Childs married James Hockey, son of James Hockey and Mary Huzzey, on 3 November 1828 in Bradford Abbas, Dorset.
- Mary Ann Childs and James Hockey appeared on the census of 30 March 1851 in Merriott. James is shown as a 43 year old flax dresser born Yetminster Dorset, living with his wife Mary Ann 42 born Bradford, and their children, Jane 20 born Bradford, Phoebe 13 born Greenham, Caroline 10 born West Chinnock, Eliza 8 born West Chinnock, James 4 born West Chinnock, George 6 born Norton and Joseph 1 born West Chinnock.
- Mary Ann Childs and James Hockey appeared on the census of 7 April 1861 in West Chinnock. James is shown as a 53 year old flax dresser born Axminster, Devon living with his wife Mary Ann aged 51 born Bradford Abbas, Dorset and their children:- George 16, a tailors apprentice born West Chinnock, James 14 a flax dresser, born West Chinnock and Joseph 11 a flax dresser born West Chinnock.
- At the time of the 3 April 1881 census Mary Ann Childs was living in the household of George Hockey and Jessie Ann Alice Hockey in Deptford St Paul, Kent. George is shown as a 34 year old tailor born West Chinnock, living with his wife Alice 29, born Deptford, and their children George 4 and Alice 3 both born Deptford. George's widowed Mother Mary Ann, aged 72, born Bradford Abbas is also living with them.
- There is a death of a Mary Ann Childs recorded in the Barton Rouge, Gloucestershire in June 1887, however, this may not be the correct date of death for thisMary Ann Childs.The record shows she was 76 years old.
Children of Mary Ann Childs and James Hockey
- Mary Hockey b. 1829
- Jane Hockey b. 11 December 1830
- Eliza Hockey b. 26 September 1832, d. before 1843
- Hannah Hockey b. 25 December 1834, d. 16 February 1838
- Selina Hockey b. 22 January 1837, d. December 1843
- Phebe Hockey b. 1838
- Caroline Hockey b. 1841
- Eliza Hockey b. 1843
- George Hockey+ b. 1845, d. December 1914
- James Hockey b. 1847
- Joseph Hockey b. 1850
M, b. circa 1790
M, b. circa 1875
Charles David Chilman
M, b. 1900
Bertha Caroline Ching
F, b. circa 1870
- Bertha Caroline Ching was born circa 1870.
- Bertha Caroline Ching married Francis Lusty in 1903 in New Zealand.