Muriel (Pearl) Cubis
F, b. 1904, d. before 1994
F, b. 1879, d. 1879
M, b. 1873
Norman George Cubis
M, b. 1894, d. 1902
- Charts: Descendants of Louis Werner
M, b. 2 August 1846, d. 23 June 1911
- Peter Cubis was baptized on 2 August 1846 in Brassingbourne, Cambridge, England.
- He was the son of George Cubis and Thirza Peters.
- At the time of the 30 March 1851 census Peter Cubis was living in the household of George Cubis in Brassingbourne, Cambridge. George is shown as a 46 year old agricultural labourer living with his wife Thirza40, and children Elizabeth 23, Eliza 17, George 14 an errand boy, Louisa 12, Edmund 8, Peter 4 and Martha aged 1. All were born in Brassingbourne.
- Peter Cubis immigrated in 1852 to Moreton Bay, Queensland, with George Cubis and Thirza Peters. George and Thirza came on the "Meridian" with their six children. George was 46 and Thirza 42, Elizabeth 24, George 16, Louisa 14, Edmond 10, Peter 5 and Martha 3. Timothy Cubis aged 25 (George's young brother), also accompanied them. The family stayed in Queensland for some time. Elizabeth married William Bailey there in 1854 in Ipswich before the family moved south. Timothy married in Queensland and came south many years later.
- At the age of 19 years, Peter Cubis married Sarah Whitton in 1866 in Tenterfield, New South Wales.
- In 1867,his wife, Sarah Whitton died in Tenterfield, New South Wales. She died during or after the birth of their son Peter G Cubis. Peter died also.
- At the age of 23 years, Peter Cubis married Jane Agnes Henderson, daughter of David Henderson and Elizabeth Unknown, in 1870 in Tenterfield, New South Wales.
- In 1872 His name appeared in the Greville's Post Office Directory. He was a gardener.
- In 1887,his wife, Jane Agnes Henderson died in Tenterfield, New South Wales. She died during or just after the birth of her eleventh child Hannah.
- After the death of Jane, Peter went to live with a woman by the name of Marstella. However he was not welcome by all the inmates of the household. On 28 February 1893 the following article appeared in The Brisbane Courier. " Last night at Tenterfield a man named Peter Cubis went home intoxicated to the house of a woman with whom he was living and threatened violence to the inmates, one of whom, Fred Marstella, a son of the woman, fired at Cubis with a Winchester rifle, wounding him in the thigh, where the bullet remains embedded. The boy then walked into the town, a distance of three miles, and gave himself up to the police. He explained that he only shot Cubis when the latter threatened him with an axe." - Peter obviously survived.
- Peter Cubis died on 23 June 1911 in Tenterfield, New South Wales, at age 64.
Children of Peter Cubis and Jane Agnes Henderson
- Emma Cubis b. 1870
- Peter Cubis b. 1871, d. 1921
- David Cubis b. 1873, d. 1942
- Elizabeth Agnes Cubis b. 1875
- Bella Cubis b. 1876
- Unnamed Cubis b. 1878
- Charles Henry Cubis b. 1880
- Alice Cubis b. 1881
- James Edward (Jim) Cubis+ b. 1883, d. 19 April 1972
- Elizabeth Cubis b. 1885, d. 1887
- Hannah Cubis b. 1887
M, b. 1871, d. 1921
M, b. circa 1780
- Peter Cubis was born circa 1780.
- Peter Cubis married Martha Jervis on 26 July 1802 in Eton Socon, Cambridge, England.
Peter G(eorge) Cubis
M, b. 1867, d. 1867
Robert Ernest Cubis
M, b. 1898, d. 1952
Ruby Robina Cubis
F, b. 1903, d. 28 October 1999
James Edward Cubis & Eliza Bezanson (daughter of Eliza Jane French & Isiah James Bezanson) and family. Known as Jim and Didi. Left to right - Jim with Eric James, Moffatt James, Ruby Robina, Lucy Eliza, Muriel Pearl & Eliza (Didi) Photo courtesy of Helen J.
F, b. 1879
Stanley Frederick Cubis
M, b. 21 May 1892, d. 1958
- Charts: Descendants of Louis Werner
- Stanley Frederick Cubis was born on 21 May 1892 in Tenterfield, New South Wales.
- He was the son of George Edward Cubis and Eliza Christina Werner.
- At the age of 26 years, 4 months and 14 days, Stanley Frederick Cubis married Lillian Rosina Bailey, daughter of John Robert Bailey and Sarah Jane Watson, on 5 October 1918 in Wesleyn Chapel, Cassland Road, South Hackney, London. The marriage register showed that Stanley was a 26 year old bachelor, Private in the AIF. His father was George Cubis, a labourer. Stanley's address was 7-9 perham Road, Hammersmith.
Lilian was a 20 year old spinster of 28 Poole Road, Cassland Road, South Hackney. Her father John Robert Bailey was a Private in the 17th Essex Regiment.
- Stanley Frederick Cubis died in 1958 in Balmain, New South Wales.
F, b. 1858
Theresa Beatrice Martha Cubis
F, b. 1884
M, b. circa 1827, d. 1895
- Timothy Cubis was born circa 1827.
- He was the son of Peter Cubis and Martha Jervis.
- Timothy Cubis was baptized on 7 October 1832 in Brassingbourne, Cambridge, England.
- He immigrated in 1852 to Moreton Bay, Queensland, with George Cubis and Thirza Peters. George and Thirza came on the "Meridian" with their six children. George was 46 and Thirza 42, Elizabeth 24, George 16, Louisa 14, Edmond 10, Peter 5 and Martha 3. Timothy Cubis aged 25 (George's young brother), also accompanied them. The family stayed in Queensland for some time. Elizabeth married William Bailey there in 1854 in Ipswich before the family moved south. Timothy married in Queensland and came south many years later.
- Timothy Cubis married Harriet Ann Clements in 1859 in Queensland. Timothy and Harriet appear to have had two children before they married.
- In 1882,his wife, Harriet Ann Clements died in Vegetable Creek, New South Wales., possibly after the birth of her 12th child.
- Timothy Cubis married Frances Munday in 1884 in Emmaville, New South Wales.
- Timothy Cubis died in 1895 in Emmaville, New South Wales.
Children of Timothy Cubis and Harriet Ann Clements
- Arthur John Cubis b. 1857
- Susanna Cubis b. 1858
- Frances Ann Cubis+ b. 1860
- Martha Harriet Cubis b. 1862, d. 1963
- Lillian Mary Cubis b. 1864, d. 1868
- Edith Cubis b. 1868
- George F Cubis b. circa 1870, d. 1934
- Norman Cubis b. 1873
- Lillian Cubis b. 1874
- Ruth Cubis b. 1879
- Naomi Cubis b. 1879, d. 1879
- Josephine R Cubis b. circa 1880, d. 1884
M, b. 1878
William H Cubis
M, b. 1884
- William H Cubis was born in 1884 in Emmaville, New South Wales.
- He was the son of Frances Ann Cubis.
William Peter Cubis
M, b. circa 1915, d. 1929
F, b. 1870, d. September 1935
- Bridget Cuddihy was born in 1870. She was the daugther of Thomas Cuddihy and Mary McGahan.
- At the age of 21 years, Bridget Cuddihy married Edward Mowen in 1891 in Queensland.
- Bridget Cuddihy was listed as the next of kin of James Francis Mowen when he enlisted in the Australian Army on 5 February 1917 in Brisbane. He was a labourer, born Toowoomba and listed his mother Bridget of Moy Street, Kelvin Grove as his next of kin. He was discharged as unfit.
- Bridget Cuddihy died in September 1935 in Brisbane, Queensland.
- She was buried on 5 September 1935 in Toowong Cemetery.
F, b. 1880, d. 11 June 1933
- Norah Cuddithy was born in 1880 in Queensland. She was the daugther of Thomas Cuddithy and Honora McGann.
- At the age of 29 years, Norah Cuddithy married John Thomas Murphy, son of Thomas Murphy and Mary Kearns, on 1 September 1909 in Queensland.
- Norah Cuddithy and John Thomas Murphy appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1913 and 1930 living at Ravensbourne. John was a farmer.
- Norah Cuddithy and John Thomas Murphy appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1925 living at Ravensbourne. John was a farmer.
- Norah Cuddithy died on 11 June 1933 in Queensland.
Kathleen Alice Cudmore
F, b. 10 September 1903, d. 12 February 1989
- Kathleen Alice Cudmore's birth was registered in the an unknown place , Cambridgeshire Registration District in the 10 September 1903 Quarter.
- She was the daughter of Richard Paul Cudmore and Alice Margaret Webb.
- The Cudmore family posed for this photo in about 1913.
- On 27 March 1939 Kathleen arrived in Plymouth from Kingston, Jamaica.
- Kathleen Alice Cudmore died on 12 February 1989 in Alvesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, at age 85.
- She was buried in Great Wratting Cemetery, West Suffolk.
Richard Paul Cudmore
M, b. 19 August 1856, d. 31 August 1931
- Richard Paul Cudmore was born on 19 August 1856 in Ireland.
- At the age of 38 years, 5 months and 10 days, Richard Paul Cudmore married Alice Margaret Webb, daughter of Robert Norman Webb and Jane Hooper, on 29 January 1895 in Berkshire.
- Richard Paul Cudmore appeared on the census of 31 March 1901 in Great Wratting, West Suffolk. Richard is shown as a 43 year old clergyman born in Ireland.
- The Cudmore family posed for this photo in about 1913.
- Richard Paul Cudmore died on 31 August 1931 at age 75.
- He was buried in Great Wratting Cemetery, Suffolk.
John Frederick Cue
M, b. circa 1900
F, b. 1848
- Margaret Culla/Cullen was born in 1848 in Tipperary, Ireland.
- At the age of 20 years, Margaret Culla/Cullen married Peter Willims, son of Johan Willims and Agnetha Belemberg, on 19 December 1868 in Toowoomba.
- On 18 January 1881,Margaret Culla/Cullen's son, Thomas Williams was born in Crow's Nest, Queensland. His birth registration shows his father was Peter Williams, a farmer aged 48 years born Holstein, Denmark and married 19 Dec 1868 at Ipswich to Margaret formerly Culla aged 29 born Tipperary, Ireland. Previous living children were Johanna 13, John 9, Peter 7, Robert 4. One male was deceased. The informant was Margaret Williams of Crow's Nest.
- On 26 May 1882,her husband, Peter Willims died in Highfields, Queensland. He was killed by a falling tree.
F, b. 1885, d. 1886
M, b. circa 1850
- Charles Cullen was born circa 1850.
- Charles Cullen married Rose Gracey, daughter of Charles Crumwell Gracey and Isabella Cartin, circa 1870.
- Charles Cullen and Rose Gracey immigrated to Queensland on 12 December 1889. Charles 38 and Rose 26 ? (36) travelled on the Jumna with their children Mary 17, Charles 11, Kae 9, John 5 and James 1.
M, b. 1892, d. 1978
F, b. 1888, d. 1958
Ellen May Cullen
F, b. 7 August 1882
- Ellen May Cullen was also known as Nellie.
- She was born on 7 August 1882 in Hobart, Tasmania. She was the daughter of Joseph James Cullen (b. 1824 Ireland - d. 15 Jul 1900 Hobart, Tas.) and Ellen Hull (b. 13 Apr 1856 Hobart, Tas. - d. 11 Apr 1947 Lenah Valley, Tas.)
Ellen Veronica (Vera) Cullen
F, b. 2 December 1919, d. 17 December 2003
- Charts: Descendants of John Maddern , Descendants of Stephen Lower, Descendants of John Gill (#1), Descendants of John Gill (#2)
- Ellen Veronica (Vera) Cullen was born on 2 December 1919 in Crow's Nest.
- She was the daughter of John Cullen and Mary Agnes McQuillan.
- At the age of 22 years and 29 days, Ellen Veronica (Vera) Cullen married Leslie Arthur Williams, son of Cornwall Edgar Williams and Annie Eugenie Stenzel, on 31 December 1941 in Crow's Nest.
- Ellen Veronica (Vera) Cullen and Leslie Arthur Williams appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Pinelands. Les was a farmer. Vera was enrolled as Veronica Ellen.
- On 30 November 1992,her husband, Leslie Arthur Williams died at age 78.
- Ellen Veronica (Vera) Cullen died on 17 December 2003 at age 84.
- She was buried on 19 December 2003 in Crow's Nest Cemetery.