M, b. 1907
F, b. circa 1820
- Jane McFarlane was born circa 1820.
- Jane McFarlane married Peter McIntyre circa 1850.
M, b. 1911
John (Jack) McFarlane
M, b. circa 1880
John (Jack) McFarlane and Elizabeth Jane (Liz) French, daughter of James William French and Mary Jane O'Brien, and one of their children. Photo thanks to Helen J.
M, b. 1913
John Joseph McGahan
M, b. circa 1895
F, b. 1830, d. 30 April 1871
- Margaret McGee was born in 1830. She was the daughter of Robert MCGEE and Jane SLOANE.
- Margaret McGee married William Tedford circa 1853.
- Margaret McGee died on 30 April 1871 in Queensland.
- She was buried on 1 May 1871 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery.
- On 20 December 1909,her husband, William Tedford died in Queensland.
Charles Augustine McGeever
M, b. 1875, d. 1948
- Teachers: Other Teachers
- Charles Augustine McGeever was born in 1875 in Queensland. He was the son of Henry McGeever and Margaret Sarah Gallagher.
- At the age of 25 years, Charles Augustine McGeever married Mary Agnes Ryan, daughter of Thomas Ryan and Helen (Mary) McQuillan, on 4 July 1900 in St Patrick's Church, Toowoomba, Queensland. The Warwick Argus reported the marriage:- " McGEEVER-RYAN.-A ceremony which has aroused much interest and expectation for some time past was celebrated in St. Patrick's R.C. Church, Toowoomba, on Wednesday, July 4th (says the Chronicle), when Miss Mary Ryan, only daughter of Mrs. T. Ryan, of Ravensbourne, was married to Mr. Charles A. McGeever, third son of Mr. Henry M'Geever, of Emu Vale, Warwick. The bride, who was attended by two bridesmaids, Miss B. M'Quillan (chief) and Miss Bishop, cousins of the bride, was given away by her brother (Mr. J. Ryan). Mr. D. M'Geever, brother of the bridegroom, acted as best man, and Mr. J. M'Geever as groomsman. The bride appeared to very great advantage in a beautiful dress of cream satin, trimmed with silk braid, chiffon and orange blossoms. She also wore a very becoming hat trimmed with cream silk and ostrich tips, and carried a beautiful bouquet. The bridesmaids wore becoming costumes of pale blue cashmere trimmed with cream silk and chiffon with hats to match. They also wore gold bar brooches presented by the bridegroom. The bride's dresses were designed and made by Miss Case, and reflected great credit on her artistic skill. After the newly-wedded pair had received the congratulation of their friends, the company partook of a sumptuous breakfast, which was served in Mr. Laracy's Harp Of Erin Hotel.
- In 1901 Charles was listed as a school teacher Ravensbourne and Mary Agnes was a receiving officer.
- Charles Augustine McGeever and Mary Agnes Ryan appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1903 and 1905 living at Ravensbourne. Charles was a teacher.
- In March 1904,his wife, Mary Agnes Ryan died in Queensland.
- Charles Augustine McGeever appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1909 living at Ravensbourne. He was a school teacher.
- Charles Augustine McGeever died in 1948 in Queensland.
Evelyn Marion McGeever
F, b. 1901
Mary Agnes McGeever
F, b. February 1904
F, b. 29 November 1890, d. 9 January 1933
- Effie McGeorge was born on 29 November 1890 in Leith, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- She was the daughter of James Samuel McGeorge and Joan Dage.
- Effie McGeorge immigrated to Sydney in 1910. She may have come with her brother James Samuel McGeorge who was two years younger.
- At the age of 25 years, 8 months and 14 days, Effie McGeorge married Charles Edward French, son of John French and Elizabeth Ann Bailey, on 12 August 1916 in Manly, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Details from the marriage certificate appear on his War Record. They were married by William Henry Young on 12 August 1916 at Manly. Effie was the 26 year old daughter of James McGeorge a postal inspector. She worked as a domestic, living in Manly. Charles was 30 living in Newcastle son of John French, a hairdresser.
- Sometime after their marriage Effie went back to Scotland (28 Windsor Street Edinburgh) to nurse her mother. Charles' address remained as Logan Street, Tenterfield. His hair colour was now noted as grey, not dark. He was sent to London. Just before his discharge in 1919 his wife Effie wrote to Charles' captain in London asking that Charles be discharged in England so she could stay with her mother in Scotland who was suffering from a heart condition. He was finally discharged on 4 December 1919 in London having satisfied the Australian military that he would be given work in Scotland by his father in law, James McGeorge.
- In March 1918 Charles and Effie had a family photo with their child Effie.
- In 1919.
- On 2 November 1919 Effie wrote a letter from her mother's home at 28 Hudson Street, Edinburgh to Captain Dowden, of London. It stated:-
Owing to the very serious condition of my mother's health I have had to leave Australia where I have been residing for the last nine years. I arrived in Scotland four weeks ago.
My mother is quite incapacitated from work, therefore my services are required here in her home for many years.
This is my reason for not returning to Austalia, and if you see your way to give my husband his discharge here, it will save us a good deal of unnecessary expense, and worry, as he would have to return to Britain on the first available steamer, if he has to return to Australia."
Yours sincerely - Effie French.
- Effie McGeorge's and Charles Edward French's second child, Charles Cecil French was born 15 August 1920 in Tenterfield, New South Wales.
- In 1922 Charles and Effie had a family photo with their children Effie and Charles.
- Effie McGeorge died on 9 January 1933 in Brisbane, Queensland, at age 42.
James Samuel McGeorge
M, b. 1867, d. 1927
- James Samuel McGeorge was born in 1867 in Scotland.
- At the age of 21 years, James Samuel McGeorge married Joan Dage in 1888.
- James Samuel McGeorge.
- On 6 November 1919 James McGeorge (Effie's father) wrote a letter to the Army regarding employing his son-in-law Charles French.
It was written from Edinburgh Postal District to The Commonwealth Authorities, London and stated:-
I have much pleasure in assuring you that I will undertake to guarantee Mr Chas E French suitable employment provided that he obtains his discharge from the AIF. Yours Faithfully - Jas McGeorge, Asst Inspector of Postmen?"
- James Samuel McGeorge died in 1927.
James Samuel McGeorge
M, b. 3 August 1892
Rose Ann McGill
F, b. 1878, d. 22 June 1936
- Rose Ann McGill was born in 1878. She was the daughter of Charles Henry McGill.
- At the age of 34 years, Rose Ann McGill married Henry Frederick Hoppe, son of Albert Juluis Hoppe and Friedricke Bertha Platzke, in 1912 in Queensland.
- Rose Ann McGill died on 22 June 1936 in Queensland.
- She was buried on 23 June 1936 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery. RC4-012-0040.
Walter James McGill
M, b. circa 1900
Gwendoline Mary McGough
F, b. circa 1921, d. 1955
- Gwendoline Mary McGough was born circa 1921.
- Gwendoline Mary McGough married Roy Francis (Ron) Charlton, son of Frank Charlton and Annie May Bidgood, in 1941 in Brisbane, Queensland.
- Gwendoline Mary McGough appeared on the Electoral Roll with Annie May Bidgood and Frank Charlton in 1943 in Blackbutt. Frank was a labourer.
- Gwendoline Mary McGough appeared on the Electoral Roll with Frank Charlton in 1949 in Blackbutt. Frank was a labourer.
- Gwendoline Mary McGough appeared on the Electoral Roll with Frank Charlton and Annie May Bidgood in 1954 in Blackbutt. Frank was a labourer.
- Gwendoline Mary McGough died in 1955 in Queensland.
Constance Mary McGovern
F, b. 20 August 1910, d. 18 July 1978
- Constance Mary McGovern was born on 20 August 1910 in Queensland.
- She was the daughter of John Michael (Jack) McGovern and Maria (Mary) Vandersee.
- At the age of 28 years, 3 months and 3 days, Constance Mary McGovern married Frank Claud Higginson, son of Charles Alfred Higginson and Louisa Julia Blinco, on 23 November 1938 in Toowoomba.
- On 1 June 1974,her husband, Frank Claud Higginson died in Brisbane, Queensland, at age 65.
- Constance Mary McGovern died on 18 July 1978 in Brisbane, Queensland, at age 67.
F, b. 13 December 1893, d. 29 July 1968
- Ivy McGovern was born on 13 December 1893 in Queensland. She was the daugther of Henry McGovern and Elizabeth Nelson.
- At the age of 20 years, Ivy McGovern married Theodore Lucht, son of Carl Christy Wilhelm Lucht and Henrietta Catherina (Cecilia) Henricks, in 1914.
- Ivy McGovern died on 29 July 1968 in Queensland at age 74.
- She was buried in Evergreen Cemetery.
John Michael (Jack) McGovern
M, b. 1880, d. 17 January 1966
- John Michael (Jack) McGovern was born in 1880 in Queensland. He was the son of Patrick McGovern & Mary Blake.
- At the age of 29 years, John Michael (Jack) McGovern married Maria (Mary) Vandersee, daughter of Christian (Wilhelm) Vandersee and Caroline Kanowski, in 1909 in Queensland.
- On 6 April 1960,his wife, Maria (Mary) Vandersee died in Queensland.
- John Michael (Jack) McGovern died on 17 January 1966 in Brisbane, Queensland.
- He was buried on 18 January 1966 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery. RC8-007-0014.
F, b. 1889, d. 12 November 1929
- Sarah McGovern was born in 1889 in Queensland. She was the daughter of Henry Edward McGovern and Elizabeth Ann Nelson.
- At the age of 26 years, Sarah McGovern married William Edward Beutel, son of Edward Beutel and Maria (Mary) Lebsanft, in 1915 in Queensland.
- Sarah McGovern and William Edward Beutel appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1926 living at Boodua. William was a manager.
- Sarah McGovern died on 12 November 1929 in Queensland.
- She was buried in Evergreen Cemetery.
F, b. circa 1895, d. 1936
F, b. circa 1810, d. June 1833
- Eliza McGowan was born circa 1810. She was possibly born in Newry, County Down, Ireland.
- She was the daughter of Thomas McGowan and Isabella Unknown.
- Eliza McGowan married Thomas Baker, son of William Baker and Jane Key, on 5 June 1826 in Berhampore, India. They were married by Bans. Thomas Baker was a Serjeant HM 13th Light Infantry,Bachelor aged 29 years. Eliza McGowan,a spinster 16 years. They were married by HR Shepherd, District Chaplain, in the presence of Robert Sutherland Serjeant HM 13 Lt Infantry, James Janes Garrison Clerk. Eliza's parents Thomas McGowan and Isabella McGowan signed the document with their mark.
- Eliza McGowan died in June 1833 in Nusseerabad, Bengal, India.
- She was buried on 6 July 1833 in Nusseerabad, Bengal, India. Her age was given as 18.
M, b. circa 1792
- Thomas McGowan was born circa 1792 in Newry, County Down, Ireland.
- Thomas McGowan married Isabella Unknown circa 1810.
- Thomas McGowan began military service in 1812.He enlisted as a private with the 86th Regiment of Foot. He was twenty years old and a cordwainer by trade. After almost seven years he volunteered to move to the 17th Regiment and stayed with them from 1 March 1819 until 21 November 1822, a period of almost four years, when he again volunteered for a move. This time he went to the 13th Regiment and stayed with them for over 17 years (a period when he was in India). He was discharged from the Army on 23 February 1842 after over 27 years service.
- He ended military service on 9 March 1842 in Bengal, India.He had been with the 13th regiment for almost twenty years.
F, b. 1866, d. 25 February 1893
- Charts: Descendants of John Burgess
- Bridget McGrail was born in 1866.
- At the age of 19 years, Bridget McGrail married William George Burgess, son of George Burgess and Mary Ann Smith, on 29 July 1885 in Deloraine, Tasmania.
- Bridget McGrail died on 25 February 1893 in Deloraine. She died in a house fire shortly after giving birth to a daugher Nellie who died at birth.
- On 11 August 1938,her husband, William George Burgess died in Melbourne benevolent Asylum, Cheltenham, Victoria, at age 77.
F, b. circa 1845
- Annie McGrath was born circa 1845.
- Annie McGrath married Thomas Gelling in 1868 in Young, New South Wales.
F, b. circa 1825
- Bridget McGrath was born circa 1825.
- Bridget McGrath married Patrick Peters circa 1850.
M, b. circa 1880
- Charles McGrath was born circa 1880.
- Charles McGrath married Isabella Matthews.
Ellen Jane McGrath
F, b. circa 1890, d. 1917
- Ellen Jane McGrath was born circa 1890.
- She was the daughter of James McGrath and Mary Ryan.
- Ellen Jane McGrath married John Vincent Leane, son of Denis Michael Leane and Elizabeth O'Connoll, in 1912 in Brisbane, Queensland.
- Ellen Jane McGrath and John Vincent Leane appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1915 living at Coalbank. John was a grazier.
- Ellen Jane McGrath died in 1917 in Queensland.
M, b. circa 1860
- James McGrath was born circa 1860.
- James McGrath married Mary Ryan circa 1885.
James Patrick McGrath
M, b. circa 1875, d. 1943