Otto Albert Alfred Meier
M, b. circa 1870
- Otto Albert Alfred Meier was born circa 1870.
- Otto Albert Alfred Meier married Marie Auguste Wilhelmine Fleichfresser circa 1890.
Hydra Charles Meiser
M, b. 1901, d. 20 January 1984
- Hydra Charles Meiser was born in 1901 in Leyburn, Queensland.
- At the age of 29 years, Hydra Charles Meiser married Florence Eveline Kuhl, daughter of Carl Johann Heinrich Kuhl and Anna Maria Luise Trost, on 27 December 1930 in Toowoomba, Queensland.
- Hydra Charles Meiser died on 20 January 1984 in Auckland, New Zealand.
M, b. 1864, d. 1886
Esther Josephine Meldon
F, b. circa 1872, d. 1945
F, b. 8 April 1860, d. 22 November 1950
- Jane Meldon was born on 8 April 1860 in Toowoomba, Queensland.
- She was the daughter of Martin Meldon and Esther (Hester) Dunne.
- At the age of 22 years and 19 days, Jane Meldon married Thomas Brennan on 27 April 1882 in Queensland.
- On 20 November 1922,her husband, Thomas Brennan died in Toowoomba, Queensland.
- Jane Meldon died on 22 November 1950 in Kingaroy, Queensland, at age 90.
Children of Jane Meldon and Thomas Brennan
- Edward Brennan b. 23 January 1883, d. 1969
- Thomas Joseph Brennan+ b. 26 July 1885, d. 1 July 1974
- Mary Brennan b. 29 May 1886, d. 27 June 1901
- Esther Brennan b. 23 December 1887, d. 18 June 1976
- Martin Francis Brennan+ b. 1889, d. 1972
- Kate Brennan b. 13 October 1891, d. 1960
- Jane Brennan b. 17 December 1893, d. 26 June 1973
- Margaret Brennan b. 19 October 1895, d. 19 May 1986
- Ann Brennan b. 30 January 1898, d. 27 October 1987
Lawrence John Meldon
M, b. circa 1868, d. 1954
M, b. circa 1835, d. 1902
- Martin Meldon was born circa 1835. She was the daughter of Patrick Dunne and Anne.
- Martin Meldon married Esther (Hester) Dunne in 1859 in Queensland.
- Martin Meldon testified when Joseph Cossart and William Richard Wilkes appeared in court on on 17 November 1871. William Wilkes and Joseph Cossart were charged with removing timber from a Crown Reserve without have a license. On the 18th they appeared in Court. The Toowoomba Chronicle and Advertiser reported:-""Joseph Cossart and William Wilkes appeared in custody charged with stealing timber, the property of Martin Meldon. Mr. Ocock appeared for the complainant. It appeared from the evidence that Meldon missed some cedar logs from Perseverance Scrub which he claimed as his properly, and saw one of the logs on a dray. He applied for and obtained a search warrant, and on Saturday last he in company with Constable Delamer went to the above scrub, where they saw two drays loaded with cedar In the possession of Joseph Cossart and William Wilkes; of these logs Meldon claimed one on one dray and three on the other as his property Cossart and Wilkes were apprehended and taken to the Toowoomba lockup, and the drays were also taken into Toowoomba. Meldon, In his evidence before the Court, said he knew the timber was his by a particular mark, that he valued it at £10, that It might have been cut seven or eight months, that he helped to cut the big log with Matthew McDermott, and the other logs with Joe Hoey, Jenkins, and other men. Henry Kahler deposed to cutting timber for Meldon, with other men, seven or eight months ago, and helping to brand the logs in the latter end of April- three of the logs on the dray outside the Courthouse was part of the timber then cut and branded. Matthew McDermott corroborated the evidence of Meldon, and stated the big log outside the Court was one that he helped Meldon to cut six or seven months ago. Matthias Graham deposed: l am a carrier; I employed Cossart and Wilkes to take the timber outside the Court from Perseverance Scrub to Mr Cocks' saw mill to Toowoomba ; I helped them to load it, and told them to deliver it at Cocks' yard to my order; the timber was felted by Harry Wynyard over three years ago; his brands were on the timber at the butts of the logs; the butts have- been cut off; I purchased the timber from Wynyard about three years ago; I did not see the timber, but he authorised me to take the timber with his brand ; I saw his brand on the logs now outside the Court; I saw Meldon and his men cutting the part of the big log now outside the Court on which the brand was; I believe the timber outside the Court to be my property. Cross-examined by Mr. Ocock I have known Wynyard four or five years ; he lived at Highfields when I purchased the timber; he did not deliver any Umber- he told me to take It; I paid him £1 for the timber; Wynyard did not tell me bow many logs he had In the scrub ; I saw these logs In the scrub eight or nine months ago; Meldon's men were there at the time- Harry Kahler was one of them ; I saw them cutting the butt of the big log and gave them notice not to touch any timber with the WH brand; they cut off the butt;, Wynyard is in the colony ; I saw him not long ago; he Is out of town now ; I hold a timber license which I renew half-yearly. The witness was told by the Police Magistrate that he could refuse to answer any question that might incriminate himself Martin Meldon recalled: I did not fell the tree from which the large log was taken ; there Is not a tree standing in the scrub that is any good: I believe they have all been felled over seven years; by cutting the log I mean I cut the tree Into lengths fit for removing; I did not cut off any brands to my knowledge ; I cut the logs believing them to be the property of the Government and I being duly licensed to cut and remove timber; Graham never cautioned me not to cut off brands; he offered to purchase from me the very timber he now claims. The prisoners were discharged from custody."
- On 17 November 1871 the Darling Downs Gazette reported:- "Martin Meldon v. Matthias Grehan. — The defendant in this case was charged with illegally detaining four logs of cedar of the value of £10, the property of the complainant. Mr Hamilton for the defendant. After the evidence of several witnesses had been taken, Mr Hamilton informed the Bench that the Town Police Act does not apply to Perseverance Scrub, and the case was dismissed."
- Martin Meldon died in 1902 in Queensland.
Children of Martin Meldon and Esther (Hester) Dunne
M, b. circa 1870, d. 1885
Patrick Joseph Meldon
M, b. circa 1862, d. 1889
F, b. circa 1725
- Mary Melhuish was born circa 1725.
- Mary Melhuish married Augustus Caesar Over on 13 October 1748 in Mevagissey, Cornwall.
M, b. 1 March 1833, d. 1901
- Phillip Mellows was born on 1 March 1833 in Nottinghamshire, England. He was the son of William Mellows and Hannah Harvey.
- At the age of 43 years, 9 months and 4 days, Phillip Mellows married Bridget Mulvihill on 5 December 1876 in Roma, Queensland.
- Phillip Mellows died in 1901 in Charleville, Queensland.
Earl Hilman Mellum
M, b. 1902, d. 1982
- Charts: Descendants of John Maddern , Descendants of Stephen Lower, Descendants of John Gill (#1), Descendants of John Gill (#2)
- Earl Hilman Mellum was born in 1902 in Ulen, Clay, Minnesota. He was the son of Karl Albert MELLUM and Tilda Elisa BROCKLEY.
- At the age of 38 years, Earl Hilman Mellum married Grace B(ray) Baird, daughter of Floyd Leslie Baird and Grace M(addern) Bray, on 1 February 1940 in Reno, Washoe, Nevada.
- On 13 July 1962,his wife, Grace B(ray) Baird died in San Mateo, California, at age 54.
- Earl Hilman Mellum died in 1982 in Redwood City, San Mateo, California.
F, b. circa 1850
- Kate Mendelsen was born circa 1850.
- Kate Mendelsen married Abraham Goldwater in 1883 in New Zealand.
F, b. 12 October 1848, d. 18 October 1938
- Agnesza Mengel was born on 12 October 1848 in Murchausen, Germany.
- She was the daughter of Conrad Mengel and Anna Elizabeth Berghofer.
- At the age of 17 years, 9 months and 21 days, Agnesza Mengel married John Adam Horner on 2 August 1866 in Toowoomba, Queensland.
- Agnesza Mengel died on 18 October 1938 in Toowoomba, Queensland, at age 90.
F, b. 1911
Ann Elizabeth Mengel
F, b. 14 April 1901, d. 19 November 1976
- Ann Elizabeth Mengel was born on 14 April 1901 in Queensland.
- She was the daughter of Conrad Mengel and Anna Catherina Riehl.
- At the age of 21 years and 12 days, Ann Elizabeth Mengel married Carl Martin Vonhoff, son of Reinhardt Johann Ferdinand Vonhoff and Johanna Wilhelmine Hartwig, on 26 April 1922 in Queensland.
- Ann Elizabeth Mengel and Carl Martin Vonhoff appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1925 and 1937 living at Groomsville. Carl was a farmer.
- Ann Elizabeth Mengel died on 19 November 1976 in Queensland at age 75.
- She was buried in Miles Cemetery. Lutheran Section Row C.
Anna Gertrude Mengel
F, b. 30 May 1860, d. 12 March 1943
- Anna Gertrude Mengel was born on 30 May 1860 in Murchausen, Germany.
- She was the daughter of Conrad Mengel and Anna Elizabeth Berghofer.
- At the age of 23 years, 8 months and 20 days, Anna Gertrude Mengel married James Evans on 21 February 1884 in Drayton.
- Anna Gertrude Mengel died on 12 March 1943 in Toowoomba at age 82.
- She was buried on 15 March 1943 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery. BC2-002-0002.
Children of Anna Gertrude Mengel and James Evans
Anna Wilhelmina Johanna Mengel
F, b. 26 December 1875, d. 25 January 1950
- Anna Wilhelmina Johanna Mengel was born on 26 December 1875.
- She was the daughter of Jost Mengel and Wilhelmina Kanowski.
- At the age of 24 years, Anna Wilhelmina Johanna Mengel married Herman Johann Wrembeck, son of Friedrick Wrembeck and Louise Schimke, in 1900 in Queensland.
- Anna Wilhelmina Johanna Mengel and Herman Johann Wrembeck appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1908 living at Glencoe. Hermann was a farmer.
- Anna Wilhelmina Johanna Mengel died on 25 January 1950 at age 74.
- She was buried in Glencoe Cemetery.
Arthur Edward Mengel
M, b. 1908
Bertha Louise Mengel
F, b. 1 December 1900, d. 1 June 1972
Clara Catherina Mengel
F, b. circa 1895, d. 23 October 1974
M, b. 14 January 1875, d. 7 July 1961
- Conrad Mengel was born on 14 January 1875 in Munchhausen, Germany.
- He was the son of Johanns Mengel and Anna Katherina Scherer.
- At the age of 24 years, 7 months and 21 days, Conrad Mengel married Anna Catherina Riehl on 4 September 1899 in Queensland.
- Conrad Mengel and Anna Catherina Riehl appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1903 living at Bergen. Conrad was a farmer.
- On 15 December 1903,Conrad Mengel's son, John Frederick Mengel was buried in Douglas Cemetery.
- Conrad Mengel witnessed the application for Naturalisation of Wilhelmine Pauline Denzin in 1922; Wilhelmine applied for Naturalisation. Her application did not proceed as Gustav had been naturalised in 1872. She was automatically deemed naturalised by virtue of his naturalisation.
- Conrad Mengel and Anna Catherina Riehl appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1930 living at Djuan. Conrad was a farmer.
- In 1931,his wife, Anna Catherina Riehl died in Queensland.
- Conrad Mengel appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Crow's Nest. No occupation was given.
- Conrad Mengel died on 7 July 1961 in Queensland at age 86.
- He was buried on 8 July 1961 in Bergen Djuan Cemetery.
Children of Conrad Mengel and Anna Catherina Riehl
- Bertha Louise Mengel b. 1 December 1900, d. 1 June 1972
- Ann Elizabeth Mengel+ b. 14 April 1901, d. 19 November 1976
- John Frederick Mengel b. 1903, d. 1903
- Herbert Mengel+ b. 1905, d. 7 May 1979
- John Frederick Mengel b. 1906, d. 4 October 1989
- Conrad Eric Bernard Mengel+ b. 1907, d. 9 October 1978
- Wilhelm Mengel b. 9 August 1909, d. 19 July 2004
- Andreas Mengel b. 1911
- Mary Freda Mengel b. 1914, d. 8 December 2004
M, b. 3 February 1820, d. 30 December 1894
- Conrad Mengel was born on 3 February 1820 in Germany.
- At the age of 22 years, 4 months and 6 days, Conrad Mengel married Anna Elizabeth Berghofer on 9 June 1842 in Murchausen, Germany.
- Conrad Mengel died on 30 December 1894 in Queensland at age 74.
Children of Conrad Mengel and Anna Elizabeth Berghofer
- Jost Mengel+ b. 10 August 1843, d. 9 October 1918
- Elizabeth Mengel+ b. 26 January 1846, d. 9 January 1902
- Agnesza Mengel b. 12 October 1848, d. 18 October 1938
- Johanns Mengel+ b. 8 June 1851, d. 16 October 1927
- Margarethe Mengel+ b. 3 November 1854, d. 2 May 1922
- Anna Gertrude Mengel+ b. 30 May 1860, d. 12 March 1943
M, b. 17 April 1801, d. 29 April 1859
- Conrad Mengel was born on 17 April 1801 in Munchhausen, Germany.
- At the age of 33 years, 7 months and 14 days, Conrad Mengel married Catherina Schneider on 1 December 1834 in Munchhausen, Germany.
- Conrad Mengel died on 29 April 1859 in Germany at age 58.
M, b. 11 March 1840, d. 20 November 1908
Conrad Eric Bernard Mengel
M, b. 1907, d. 9 October 1978
- Conrad Eric Bernard Mengel was born in 1907 in Queensland.
- He was the son of Conrad Mengel and Anna Catherina Riehl.
- Conrad Eric Bernard Mengel and Herbert Mengel appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1930 living at Groomsville. Herb and Conrad were farmers.
- At the age of 24 years, Conrad Eric Bernard Mengel married Caroline Polzin, daughter of Dionisius Polzin and Wilhelmina (Minnie) Puschmann, in 1931 in Queensland.
- Conrad Eric Bernard Mengel and Caroline Polzin appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Plainby, Crow's Nest. Conrad was a farmer.
- On 11 June 1951,his wife, Caroline Polzin died in Queensland at age 44.
- Conrad Eric Bernard Mengel died on 9 October 1978 in Queensland.
- He was buried on 11 October 1978 in Crow's Nest Cemetery. UNIT-00L-0013.
F, b. 26 January 1846, d. 9 January 1902
- Elizabeth Mengel was born on 26 January 1846 in Murchausen, Germany. She was the daughter of Conrad MENGEL and Anna Elizabeth BERGHOFFER.
- She was the daughter of Conrad Mengel and Anna Elizabeth Berghofer.
- At the age of 18 years, 2 months and 9 days, Elizabeth Mengel married George Wecker, son of Michael Wecker and Catherine Heinrich, on 4 April 1864 in Queensland.
- On 6 August 1876,Elizabeth Mengel's daughter, Margaretha Catherina Wecker was buried in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery.
- On 23 March 1892,Elizabeth Mengel's daughter, Clara Maria Magdalina Wecker was buried in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery.
- Elizabeth Mengel died on 9 January 1902 in Toowoomba, Queensland, at age 55.
- She was buried on 10 January 1902 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery.
Children of Elizabeth Mengel and George Wecker
- George Wecker b. 1864, d. 1942
- Catherine Wecker b. 1866
- Agnes Elizabeth (Elizabeth) Wecker+ b. 1867, d. 3 June 1945
- Frederick Charles Wecker Senior+ b. 10 September 1868, d. 19 April 1942
- Ann Agnes Wecker b. 1870, d. 1870
- Johann Carl (Charles) Wecker+ b. 1871, d. 19 March 1956
- Johann Michael Wecker+ b. 1873, d. 26 April 1960
- Margaretha Catherina Wecker b. 1875, d. 4 August 1876
- Heinrich Wecker+ b. 1877, d. 1961
- Anna Katherina Wilhelmina Wecker+ b. 11 November 1879, d. 16 January 1965
- Adam Wecker b. 1882, d. 1882
- Christian David Conrad Wecker b. 1883, d. 1950
- Clara Maria Magdalina Wecker b. 1886, d. 22 March 1892
Elsa Dorothea Mengel
F, b. circa 1900
Esther Constance Mengel
F, b. 28 October 1918, d. 9 September 1996
- Esther Constance Mengel was born on 28 October 1918.
- At the age of 21 years, Esther Constance Mengel married Leonard Edser, son of Joseph Edser and Augusta Pauline Briese, on 28 October 1939 in Queensland.
- Esther Constance Mengel and Leonard Edser appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Crow's Nest. He was a labourer.
- Esther Constance Mengel was listed as the next of kin of Leonard Edser when he enlisted in the Australian Army on 30 March 1943 in Brisbane. He gave his next of kin as his wife Esther, and was living at Crow's Nest at the time he enlisted. He was discharged on 12 Dec 1944 with the rank of Lance Corporal in the 1 AIRD.
- On 31 July 1977,her husband, Leonard Edser died in Queensland at age 63.
- Esther Constance Mengel died on 9 September 1996 at age 77.
- She was buried on 11 September 1996 in Crow's Nest Cemetery.
M, b. 6 October 1838, d. 7 February 1915
- Heinrich Mengel was born on 6 October 1838 in Munchhausen, Germany.
- He was the son of Conrad Mengel and Catherina Schneider.
- At the age of 27 years, 5 months and 14 days, Heinrich Mengel married Katherine Goebel on 20 March 1866 in Toowoomba.
- Heinrich Mengel died on 7 February 1915 in Toowoomba, Queensland, at age 76.