M, b. 2 July 1899
- Norman Smalley was born on 2 July 1899 in Bolton, England. He was the son of David SMALLEY.
- On 1 September 1933 an article appeared in "The Courier Mail" regarding the arrest of a Norman Smalley. It read:- GAMING CHARGE - RELIEF WORKER FINED Following complaints to the police of illegal betting at Cannon Hill, a man was arrested on August 30, and ap- peared in the Police Court yesterday, before Mr. W. E. H. Ferguson, P.M. Norman Smalley (34), labourer, pleaded guilty to a charge that, on August 30, at Cannon Hill, he had in his possession instruments of gaming. Sergeant J. Smith, who prosecuted, said that when the police arrived at Cannon Hill the defendant tried to get away, but was captured. Defen- dant, ho said, was a relief worker. He was fined £10, in default two months' imprisonment. On a similar charge Edward O'Sul- livan (27), butcher, pleaded not guilty, and was remanded until September 7. Terence Chilton (23), labourer, who was charged with having had an in- strument of gaming in his possession on August 30 at Cribb Island, pleaded not guilty, and was remanded until September 7.
- He enlisted in the Australian Army on 18 October 1939 in Brisbane His sevice number was Q186970 and he was living in Kelvin Grove, Brisbane at the time he enlisted. He was discharged on 2 May 1940 as a Private in the 1st Garrison Battalion. He then rejoined the Army on 2 March 1943 (QX49249) in Toowoomba where he was living at the time. He was discharged with the rank od Warrant Officer Class 2 with the Head Quarters FAA.
- At the age of 43 years, 4 months and 12 days, Norman Smalley married Ethel Beatrice Cossart, daughter of George Cossart and Minnie Maria Shaw, on 14 November 1942 in St Stephen's Presbyterian Church, Toowoomba. Their marriage was repoeted in "The Courier Mail" on 17 November 1942 - SMALLEY— COSSART — Members of the Toowoomba General Hospital nursing, staff (of which the bride has been matron for two years), and members of the Voluntary Defence Corps formed a guard of honour at the wedding of Miss Ethel B. Cossart (Toowoomba) and Warrant officer Norman Smalley (Brisbane) at St. Stephen's Presbyterian Church, Toowoomba, on November 14. With her blue street frock the bride wore a navy picture hat. Mrs. H. Chapman was matron of honour for her sister, and Warrant-officer J. Goodrich was best man.
Arthur Raymond Smalls
M, b. circa 1905
M, b. circa 1890
Mary Martha Smart
F, b. circa 1855
- Mary Martha Smart was born circa 1855.
- Mary Martha Smart married William Charles Batt circa 1880.
F, b. circa 1760
M, b. 1700
- Unknown Smith was born in 1700.
- Unknown Smith married Mary Unknown circa 1725.
Adeline Mabel Smith
F, b. 7 April 1905, d. 2001
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Eyles
Agnes Constance Smith
F, b. circa 1900, d. 1980
- Agnes Constance Smith was born circa 1900.
- Agnes Constance Smith married Charles Edward French, son of John French and Elizabeth Ann Bailey, in 1944 in Petersham, Sydney.
- In 1976,her husband, Charles Edward French died in New South Wales.
- Agnes Constance Smith died in 1980 in Randwick, Sydney, New South Wales.
Agnes Dorothy Smith
F, b. 4 February 1910, d. 19 April 2004
- Agnes Dorothy Smith was born on 4 February 1910 in Queensland. She was the daughter of James Smith and Agnes Maria Hatch.
- At the age of 28 years, Agnes Dorothy Smith married Stephen Marshall, son of Frederick Stephen Marshall and Isabella Hope, in 1939.
- Agnes Dorothy Smith and Stephen Marshall appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Pechey, Crow's Nest. Stephen was a labourer.
- On 30 August 1999,her husband, Stephen Marshall died in Toowoomba at age 90.
- Agnes Dorothy Smith died on 19 April 2004 in Toowoomba at age 94.
Alan Leslie Smith
M, b. 1902, d. 1965
- Charts: Descendants of William Crawford.
Albert Ainslie Smith
M, b. 15 January 1904
- Albert Ainslie Smith was born on 15 January 1904 in Clifton, Queensland.
- He was the son of Frederick Smith and May Honour Elizabeth Parr.
- At the age of 26 years, Albert Ainslie Smith married Myrtle Grace Tyler in 1931 in Queensland.
- Albert Ainslie Smith enlisted in the Australian Army on 12 April 1942 in Jandowae, Queensland, He was living at Burra Burri at the time he enlisted and gave his next of kin as his wife Myrtle. He was discharged on 21 October 1945 with the rank of Sergeant with the 7th Battalion Volunteer Defence Corps QLD.
Alfred Douglas Smith
M, b. 10 June 1909, d. 12 September 1974
- Alfred Douglas Smith was born on 10 June 1909 in Pierce Creek, Crow's Nest.
- He was the son of Fred Smith and Roma Douglas Tigell.
- At the age of 24 years, 4 months and 1 day, Alfred Douglas Smith married Margaret Makinson, daughter of Richard Makinson and Betsy Isobel Mason, on 11 October 1933 in Crow's Nest, Queensland.
- Alfred Douglas Smith and Margaret Makinson appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1937 living at Flagstone Creek. Alf was a farmer.
- Alfred Douglas Smith and Margaret Makinson appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1954 living at East Greenmount. Alf was a farmer.
- Alfred Douglas Smith and Margaret Makinson appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1958 living at Greenwood, Oakey. Alf was a farmer.
- Alfred Douglas Smith and Margaret Makinson appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1968 living at 15 Northland Street, Toowoomba. Alf was a farmer.
- Alfred Douglas Smith died on 12 September 1974 in Toowoomba, Queensland, at age 65.
Alfred Halcolm Smith
M, b. circa 1850
- Alfred Halcolm Smith was born circa 1850.
- Alfred Halcolm Smith married Margaret Ovens in 1875 in Queensland.
Alfred J R Smith
M, b. 1906
- Charts: Descendants of William Crawford.
F, b. circa 1780
- Alice Smith was born circa 1780.
- Alice Smith married John Death in 1810.
Alice Alma Smith
F, b. 30 May 1915, d. 16 June 2006
- Alice Alma Smith was born on 30 May 1915.
- She was the daughter of Fred Smith and Roma Douglas Tigell.
- Alice Alma Smith appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Pierce Creek. She carried out home duties, most likely in her parent's home.
- Alice Alma Smith died on 16 June 2006 in Toowoomba at age 91.
- She was buried on 21 June 2006 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery.
Alice Ann Smith
F, b. 1876, d. 1939
- Alice Ann Smith was born in 1876 in England.
- She was the daughter of Fred Smith and Jane Clark.
- Alice Ann Smith immigrated on 6 January 1890 with Fred Smith and Louie Wright. Fred and Louie, both aged 35 tavelled on the Dacca from London on 13 Nov 1899, with his children Mary 17 a domestic servant (notation on manifest re Pension?), George 15 a labourer, daughter Alice 13, son Fred aged 12, and step son Phillip Walker 10 (shown as Smith.)
- At the age of 24 years, Alice Ann Smith married Percy George Hopgood in 1900 in Queensland.
- Alice Ann Smith died in 1939 in Brisbane, Queensland.
Amelia Ellen Smith
F, b. 1890, d. 6 January 1953
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Eyles
- Amelia Ellen Smith was born in 1890. She was the daughter of Alfred SMITH and Elizabeth.
- At the age of 21 years, Amelia Ellen Smith married John McGregor, son of John McGregor and Agnes Gillis, in 1911 in Queensland. John worked in the coal mines at Kingsthorpe where the family lived.
- Amelia Ellen Smith died on 6 January 1953 in Queensland.
- She was buried on 6 January 1963 in Toowoomba & Drayton Cemetery.
Beryl Evelyn Smith
F, b. 1914, d. January 2012
- Charts: Descendants of John Maddern , Descendants of Stephen Lower, Descendants of John Gill (#1), Descendants of John Gill (#2)
- Beryl Evelyn Smith was born in 1914 in Queensland.
- She was the daughter of Frederick Smith and May Honour Elizabeth Parr.
- At the age of 24 years, Beryl Evelyn Smith married Clement Charles Deeth, son of Charles Burton Death and Ellen Matilda Barnes, on 11 June 1938.
- Beryl Evelyn Smith and Clement Charles Deeth appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1949 living at Hampton. Clem was a labourer.
- Beryl was in possession of a quilt made by her grandmother Ellen Smith (nee Haines). Ellen Smith made the quilt at Nairne South Australia probably about the turn of the century. A son Fred, moved from Nairne to Crow's Nest in Queensland. Fred went to visit his family and brought the quilt back in the 1930s. Fred gave it to his daughter Beryl Deeth (Smith) who donated it to the Carbethan Folk Museum at Crows Nest.
- On 27 May 1991,her husband, Clement Charles Deeth died in Crow's Nest at age 82.
- Beryl Evelyn Smith died in January 2012. She was living at Koolptoopa, Crow's Nest at the time of her death. Formerly of 37 Andrew Road and Grapetree.
- She was buried on 23 January 2012 in Garden of Remembrance, Toowoomba, following a service at the Uniting Church, Crow's Nest.
F, b. 1835
- Caroline Smith was born in 1835 in Gorran, Cornwall.
- Her marriage, at 23 years, to Charles Dunn, son of Otwell Dunn and Mary Ann Pearce, was registered in the September 1858 Quarter in St Austell, Cornwall Registration District.
- Caroline Smith and Charles Dunn appeared on the census of 7 April 1861 in Mevagissey, Cornwall. Charles is shown as a 24 year old mariner, born Mevagissey, living with his wife Caroline 25, born Gorran and their sons Charles, 2, and Otwell aged 6 months, both were born in Mevagissey.
F, b. 1860, d. 16 June 1948
- Catherine Smith was born in 1860. She was the daughter of John Smith and Emily Denman.
- At the age of 18 years, Catherine Smith married John Payne in 1878 in Queensland.
- In 1881,her husband, John Payne died in Queensland.
- At the age of 27 years, Catherine Smith married Edward (Ned) Burke in 1887 in Brisbane, Queensland.
- Catherine Smith and Edward (Ned) Burke appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1903 and 1908 living at Albert Street, Crow's Nest. Edward was a carrier.
- Catherine Smith and Edward (Ned) Burke appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1930 living at Crow's Nest. Ned was a carrier.
- On 21 October 1947,her husband, Edward (Ned) Burke died in Queensland.
- Catherine Smith died on 16 June 1948 in Queensland.
- She was buried in Crow's Nest Cemetery. RC1-00E-0018.
Children of Catherine Smith and Edward (Ned) Burke
- Catherine Ellen Burke b. 1886
- Henrietta (Ettie) Burke+ b. 1888, d. November 1973
- Jessie Agnes Burke b. 28 July 1890, d. 11 May 1979
- Edward John Burke b. 1892, d. July 1930
- William Thomas Burke b. 1895, d. 1960
- Theresa Mary Burke b. 1897
- Leonora Olive Burke b. 1899
- Josephine Maud Burke b. 1901
- Irene Florence Burke b. 1907
Cordelia Margaret Smith
F, b. 13 April 1833, d. September 1837
- Cordelia Margaret Smith was born on 13 April 1833 in Mevigessey.
- She was the daughter of Phillip Smith and Cordelia Dunn.
- Cordelia Margaret Smith was baptized on 16 June 1833 in Wesleyan, St Austell.
- Her death was recorded with the St Austell, Cornwall Registration District in the September 1837 Quarter.
Doris Margaret Smith
F, b. circa 1900, d. 1982
- Doris Margaret Smith was born circa 1900. She was the daughter of Daniel Francis Smith and Margaret Noonan.
- Doris Margaret Smith married Joseph Vincent Nolan, son of James Nolan and Mary (Minnie) Pierce, in 1928 in St Patrick's Church, Toowoomba, Queensland.
- On 8 April 1959,her husband, Joseph Vincent Nolan died in Brisbane, Queensland.
- Doris Margaret Smith died in 1982 in Queensland.
Edith Mary Smith
F, b. 1879, d. 4 January 1924
- Edith Mary Smith was born in 1879. She was the daughter of Thomas Smith and Fanny Hatfield.
- At the age of 23 years, Edith Mary Smith married George Herbert Lawrence in 1902 in Brisbane, Queensland.
- Edith Mary Smith died on 4 January 1924 in Queensland.
- She was buried on 5 January 1924 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery. CE6-004-0008.
Children of Edith Mary Smith and George Herbert Lawrence
Edmund William Smith
M, b. circa 1885, d. 1939
Eileen Gertrude Smith
F, b. 1915, d. 2 August 1945
- Eileen Gertrude Smith was born in 1915 in Mareeba. She was the daughter of Henry James Smith and Margaret Ellen Murphy.
- At the age of 17 years, Eileen Gertrude Smith married George Thomas Trost, son of August Frederick Trost and Mary Annie Wust, on 6 August 1932 in Queensland.
- Eileen Gertrude Smith died on 2 August 1945 in Queensland.
Eliza Maria Smith
F, b. September 1865
- Eliza Maria Smith's birth was registered in the Islington, Middlesex Registration District in the September 1865 Quarter.
- She was the daughter of James Dunn Smith and Harriett Page.
- At the time of the 3 April 1881 census Eliza Maria Smith was living in the household of James Dunn Smith and Harriett Page in 30 Tremlett Grove, London, Middlesex. James is shown as a commercial coal clerk, aged 50 living with his wife Harriet aged 38 born Holoway, Middlesex and their children:- Rose C, 17 born Islington, Middlesex; Eliza M 14 born Islington; Florence A aged 8 born Hornsey, Middlesex. All the children were scholars. Living with the family were Gustave C F De Vils a 71 year old french boarder, a widowed teacher of languages and Susan G Fitzgerald, a 22 year old servant born St John's Wood.
F, b. 1840
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Robinson
- Elizabeth Smith was born in 1840 in Tollerton, Yorkshire.
- She was the daughter of William Smith.
- At the age of 24 years, Elizabeth Smith married Charles Robinson, son of Charles Robinson and Hannah Tessyman, on 17 December 1864 in Alne, York. Elizabeth was 24 and Charles was 29. Her father was listed as William Smith and his as Charles Robinson.
- There is a death of a Charles Robinson recorded in the Great Ouseburne, Yorkshire West Riding in March 1868, however, this may not be the correct date of death for this Charles Robinson; The age given on the record is not clear. It could be 30 or 39 according to the transcriber.
- Her marriage, at 29 years, to Robert Robinson was registered in the March 1869 Quarter in Stockton, Durham Registration District. Stockton District includes Stillington village.
- Elizabeth Smith and Robert Robinson appeared on the census of 3 April 1881 in Tollerton. Robert (Jnr) is shown as a 35 year old ag labourer born Tollerton, living with his wife Elizabeth 40 also born Tollerton and their 6 year old son Herbert born Tollerton.
Children of Elizabeth Smith and Charles Robinson
F, b. circa 1775
- Elizabeth Smith was born circa 1775.
- Elizabeth Smith married Ralph Penhall on 29 July 1795 in Mevagissey, Cornwall.