James Dunn Smith
M, b. 19 May 1828
James Dunn Smith
M, b. 30 August 1830
- James Dunn Smith was born on 30 August 1830 in Megavissey.
- He was the son of Phillip Smith and Cordelia Dunn.
- James Dunn Smith was baptized on 21 October 1830 in Wesleyan, St Austell, Cornwall.
- At the time of the 7 June 1841 census James Dunn Smith was living in the household of James Dunn in Fore Street, Mevagissey, Cornwall. James is shown as a 85 year old independant, born in the county. In the same household is Jane Allen (his daughter) aged 55, a draper; Jane Allan 15; Cordelia Smith (his daughter) aged 35; James Smith 11; Alfred Dunn 13. All were born in the county. Also in the household are James Thomas 21 from GSY (Guersey?) and Ann Peneglin 22 a female servant born in the county.
- At the age of 31 years and 9 months, James Dunn Smith married Harriett Page in June 1862 in Islington, Middlesex.
- James Dunn Smith and Harriett Page appeared on the census of 3 April 1881 in 30 Tremlett Grove, London, Middlesex. James is shown as a commercial coal clerk, aged 50 living with his wife Harriet aged 38 born Holoway, Middlesex and their children:- Rose C, 17 born Islington, Middlesex; Eliza M 14 born Islington; Florence A aged 8 born Hornsey, Middlesex. All the children were scholars. Living with the family were Gustave C F De Vils a 71 year old french boarder, a widowed teacher of languages and Susan G Fitzgerald, a 22 year old servant born St John's Wood.
Jane Logan Smith
F, b. 7 February 1905, d. 26 December 1944
- Charts: Descendants of William Crawford.
- Jane Logan Smith was born on 7 February 1905 in Dennistoun, Glasgow, Scotland.
- At the age of 23 years, 7 months and 26 days, Jane Logan Smith married Oliver James Wesley Parrish, son of Oliver Parrish and Caroline Ethel Moffitt, on 3 October 1928 in Proston, Queensland.
- Jane Logan Smith died on 26 December 1944 at age 39.
Jessie Margaret Smith
F, b. 13 February 1907, d. 2 March 2000
- Jessie Margaret Smith was born on 13 February 1907 in Crow's Nest, Queensland.
- She was the daughter of Fred Smith and Roma Douglas Tigell.
- Jessie Margaret Smith appeared on the Electoral Roll with Fred Smith in 1930 in Pierce Creek. Fred was a farmer as was his father Fred snr. Daughter Jessie carried out home duties.
- At the age of 25 years, Jessie Margaret Smith married John Ernest Fowler, son of William Fowler and Ellen Cook, in 1933 in Queensland.
- Jessie Margaret Smith and John Ernest Fowler appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1943 and 1949 living at Mountain Camp, Crow's Nest. John was a farmer and Jessie carried out home duties. John's brother Herbert also farmed at Mountain Camp.
- On 1 August 1978,her husband, John Ernest Fowler died in Queensland. His former address was 40 Coronation Drive Murgon.
- Jessie Margaret Smith died on 2 March 2000 in Murgon at age 93. She was a former resident of Bayhaven Nursing Home.
- She was buried on 6 March 2000 in Murgon Cemetery.
John James Smith
M, b. circa 1885
John Oliver Smith
- John Oliver Smith married Christiana Catharine Krieg, daughter of Christian Krieg and Christina Regina, on 10 October 1853 in The Three Rivers, Wellington, New South Wales. John was a bachelor and lived in the parish of Wellington as did Catherine. Witnesses to the marriage were Thomas Marsh of The Three Rivers, John Doyle of The Three Rivers. The minister was William Watson, of the Church of England Church. The marriage was by License.
John Robert Smith
M, b. 9 October 1868, d. 1953
- John Robert Smith was born on 9 October 1868 in Worcestershire, England.
- He was the son of Frederick Smith and Ann Langdon.
- John Robert Smith immigrated on 28 November 1882 to Queensland with Frederick Smith and Ann Langdon. Frederick 44, and Ann 45, travelled on the Mairi Bhan which sailed from Plymouth on the 29 Aug 1882 with their sons George 12, Herbert 6, John, 13 Thomas 2. With them was also another Thomas Smith aged 21.
- At the age of 28 years, John Robert Smith married Fanny Patch, daughter of Stephen Patch and Sarah Brett, in 1897 in Queensland.
- In 1901 Fred and his sons John R and Herbert Smith were listed as farmers of Doctor's Creek in the Crow's Nest Post Office Directory.
- John Robert Smith appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1903 living at Djuan. John was a farmer as was his father Frederick and brother Herbert.
- In 1938,his wife, Fanny Patch died in Queensland.
- John Robert Smith died in 1953 in Queensland.
John William Smith
M, b. 1901
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Eyles
Jordon Charles Smith
M, b. March 1910, d. 8 July 1910
F, b. circa 1910
Kathleen Victoria Mary Smith
F, b. 5 November 1900, d. 18 November 1973
- Charts: Descendants of Thomas Jeffery
- Kathleen Victoria Mary Smith was born on 5 November 1900 in Queensland.
- She was the daughter of Ernest Albert Smith and Mary Jane Walker.
- At the age of 24 years, 1 month and 5 days, Kathleen Victoria Mary Smith married Henry Eggar Jefferis, son of Henry Samuel Eggar Jefferis and Catherine Prior, on 10 December 1924.
- Kathleen Victoria Mary Smith and Henry Eggar Jefferis appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1925 living at Beecher, Queensland. Henry's occupation was recorded as a labourer.
- Kathleen Victoria Mary Smith and Henry Eggar Jefferis appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1936 living at Beecher, Queensland. Henry is shown as a labourer.
- Kathleen Victoria Mary Smith died on 18 November 1973 at age 73.
Laura Robinson Smith
F, b. March 1864
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Robinson
- Laura Robinson Smith's birth was registered in the Great Ouseburne, Yorkshire West Riding Registration District in the March 1864 Quarter.
- She was the daughter of Charles Robinson and Elizabeth Smith.
- Laura Robinson Smith appeared on the census of 3 April 1881 in Marton Priory, Osgoodby Grange, Thirkleby In Thirsk, York. Laura is shown as a 17 year old domestic servant, born Tollerton working for a farmer James Rooke.
Leopold Morris Smith
M, b. 11 June 1918, d. 21 July 2013
- Charts: Descendants of Thomas Bridgeman, Descendants of Charles Eyles, Descendants of Charles Robinson
- Leopold Morris Smith was born on 11 June 1918 in Toowoomba.
- He was the son of Fred Smith and Roma Douglas Tigell.
- Leopold Morris Smith enlisted in the Australian Army on 30 May 1941 in Crow's Nest. Leo was living at Crows Nest at the time he enlisted and gave his next of kin as his father Fred Smith. He was discharged on 27 Oct 1944 with the rank of Private in the 25th Battalion.
- He appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Pierce Creek. He was a farmer.
- At the age of 26 years and 10 months, Leopold Morris Smith married Madge Brown, daughter of James Henry Brown and Rose Elizabeth Gillies, on 11 April 1945.
- On 17 November 1993,his wife, Madge Brown died at age 76.
- Leopold Morris Smith died on 21 July 2013 in Toowoomba at age 95.
F, b. 17 November 1889, d. 27 April 1974
- Lily Smith was born on 17 November 1889. She was the daughter of John Frederick Smith and Mary.
- At the age of 26 years and 11 months, Lily Smith married Edgar Clarence Primmer, son of Francis Primmer and Rebecca Saywell, on 17 October 1916 in New Zealand.
- In April 1969,her husband, Edgar Clarence Primmer died in Christchurch, New Zealand, at age 79.
- Lily Smith died on 27 April 1974 in Christchurch, New Zealand, at age 84.
- She was buried in 1974 in New Zealand.
Louisa Ann Smith
F, b. 1872, d. 7 February 1947
- Louisa Ann Smith was born in 1872 in Walhalla, Victoria. She was the daughter of Thomas Smith and Jane Spencer.
- At the age of 19 years, Louisa Ann Smith married Thomas Emmerson, son of John Emmerson and Eleanor Tyndale-Dunbar, in 1891 in Victoria.
- Louisa Ann Smith and Thomas Emmerson appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1905 living at Blackbutt. Thomas was a sawmill manager.
- Louisa Ann Smith was listed as the next of kin of Thomas Stanley Emmerson when he enlisted in the Australian Army on 7 January 1916 in Brisbane. He enlisted in the 9th Battalion giving his next of kin as his mother Louisa of Blackbutt. He served in Egypt and France where he was wounded and gassed in March 1918. He was returned to Australia in Jan 1919 suffering from gas poisoning, nephritis.
- Louisa Ann Smith and Thomas Emmerson appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Gympie Road, Aspley. Louisa spelt her name EMERSON.
- Louisa Ann Smith died on 7 February 1947 in Brisbane, Queensland.
Children of Louisa Ann Smith and Thomas Emmerson
- John (Jack) Emmerson+ b. 1891, d. June 1983
- Lucy Spencer Emmerson b. 21 December 1894
- Thomas Stanley Emmerson b. 31 December 1896, d. 22 February 1919
- George Leslie Emmerson b. 8 October 1898, d. 8 July 1983
- Hilda Dunbar Emmerson b. 21 September 1900, d. 8 June 1988
- Roy Tindall Emmerson+ b. 3 April 1904, d. 28 May 1973
- Elsie Spencer Emmerson b. 14 February 1906
- Eric Smith Emmerson b. 26 April 1907
- Myrtle Irene Emmerson b. 8 March 1909
- Ivy Edna Emmerson b. 17 June 1910
- Thelma Jane Emmerson b. 6 January 1917
Louise (Ethel) Smith
F, b. circa 1880, d. 30 January 1923
- Louise (Ethel) Smith was born circa 1880. She was the daughter of John Smith and Caroline Louise Hunt.
- Louise (Ethel) Smith married Carl Johann (Charles) Kahler, son of Johann Jost Joseph Kahler and Marie Louise Schmaling, in 1902 in Queensland.
- Louise (Ethel) Smith and Carl Johann (Charles) Kahler appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1903 living at Geham. Charles was a farmer and Louise carried out home duties.
- Louise (Ethel) Smith died on 30 January 1923 in Queensland.
- She was buried in Cabarlah Cemetery.
F, b. 1829, d. 24 February 1908
- Lucy Smith was born in 1829.
- At the age of 25 years, Lucy Smith married John Griball in 1854 in Queensland.
- Lucy Smith died on 24 February 1908.
Margaret Ethel Smith
F, b. 1912
Martha Jane Smith
F, b. 30 August 1913, d. March 1979
- Martha Jane Smith was born on 30 August 1913 in Toowoomba, Queensland. She was the daughter of James SMITH and Agnes WARNOK.
- At the age of 26 years, 2 months and 19 days, Martha Jane Smith married Eric Charles Trost, son of Hermann Wilhelm Friedrich Trost and Wilhelmina Ernestine Genrich, on 18 November 1939 in Toowoomba, Queensland. Eric and Martha lived at Glenavon opposite the Genrich farm.
- Martha Jane Smith and Eric Charles Trost appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Glenaven. Eric was a farmer. Martha gave her address as Glenaven while Eric stated Crow's Nest.
- Martha Jane Smith died in March 1979 in Queensland at age 65.
- She was buried on 13 March 1979 in Crow's Nest Cemetery.
F, b. 2 May 1797, d. 15 August 1880
- Mary Smith was born on 2 May 1797 in Bourton, Warwickshire.
- At the age of 21 years, 3 months and 17 days, Mary Smith married Thomas Dunkley on 19 August 1818 in Floore, Northampton, England.
- Mary Smith and Thomas Dunkley immigrated to Hobart, Tasmania, on 17 December 1843. Thomas and Mary travelled on the "Enterprise" with a Mrs Eyles and Elizabeth, Charlotte, Sarah, Thomas and David Eyes.
- Mary Smith died on 15 August 1880 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, at age 83.
Children of Mary Smith and Thomas Dunkley
- Martha Dunkley b. 20 June 1819
- Henry Dunkley b. 29 April 1821
- Mary Ann Dunkley+ b. 24 November 1822, d. 21 October 1899
- Thomas Dunkley b. 6 November 1825
- Elizabeth Dunkley b. 25 May 1828
- Joseph Dunkley b. 14 November 1830
- David Dunkley b. 9 December 1832
- Sarah Ann Dunkley b. 14 February 1836
- Charlotte Dunkley b. 4 June 1843
F, b. 1731
F, b. circa 1849
- Mary Smith was born circa 1849. She is possibly the sister of James Smith who married William's mother.
- Mary Smith married William Clark, son of George Clark and Maria Dennis, on 11 December 1875 in East Meon, Hampshire, England. William was a 29 year old bachelor labourer of East Meon, son of George Clark. Mary was a 26 year old spinster, daughter of John Smith, turner of East Meon. Witness to the marriage were James Smith and Louise Smith.
Mary Ann Smith
F, b. 12 February 1843, d. 10 August 1910
- Charts: Descendants of John Burgess
- Mary Ann Smith was born on 12 February 1843 in Tasmania. She was the daughter of convicts William SMITH and Ellen DONOVAN.
- She was baptized on 2 April 1843 in Longford, Tasmania.
- At the age of 17 years, 6 months and 20 days, Mary Ann Smith married George Burgess, son of George Burgess and Ann Haines, on 1 September 1860 in Church of England, Deloraine, Tasmania. Witnesses to their marriage were George's brother and sister William and Maria BURGESS. Both George and Mary Ann signed with their marks. The minsiter was John McIntyre. George established a farm in the Delorane area.
- Mary Ann Smith died on 10 August 1910 in Elizabeth Town, Tasmania, at age 67.
- She was buried in Deloraine General Cemetery.
Children of Mary Ann Smith and George Burgess
- William George Burgess+ b. 4 June 1861, d. 11 August 1938
- Henry Burgess+ b. 19 May 1863, d. 14 August 1937
- Eliza Burgess+ b. 29 December 1864, d. 19 November 1951
- George Burgess b. 14 October 1866, d. 1 October 1946
- Charles Burgess+ b. 14 June 1868, d. 26 August 1942
- Amelia Burgess+ b. 18 September 1869, d. 18 June 1950
- Arthur Burgess+ b. 28 October 1871, d. 18 February 1956
- Albert Burgess+ b. 2 September 1873, d. 1935
- Ambrose Burgess+ b. 28 November 1875, d. 11 July 1953
- Maria Burgess+ b. 27 September 1876, d. 21 February 1961
- Selina Burgess+ b. 12 August 1878, d. 17 May 1950
- Samuel Burgess+ b. 23 July 1881, d. 13 July 1975
- Ellen Burgess b. 10 November 1883, d. 20 November 1929
- Louisa Burgess b. 13 April 1886, d. 9 December 1918
- Frank Burgess+ b. 15 February 1888, d. 19 August 1916
Mary Jane Smith
F, b. 1873
- Mary Jane Smith was born in 1873 in England.
- She was the daughter of Fred Smith and Jane Clark.
- Mary Jane Smith immigrated on 6 January 1890 with Fred Smith and Louie Wright. Fred and Louie, both aged 35 tavelled on the Dacca from London on 13 Nov 1899, with his children Mary 17 a domestic servant (notation on manifest re Pension?), George 15 a labourer, daughter Alice 13, son Fred aged 12, and step son Phillip Walker 10 (shown as Smith.)
F, b. 4 November 1899, d. 28 June 1975
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Eyles
May Florence Smith
F, b. 8 October 1908
M, b. circa 1905
Myrtle Gladys Smith
F, b. 1904
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Eyles
Norman Alexander Smith
M, b. 1892, d. 1956
- Railway Workers: Other Railway Workers
- Norman Alexander Smith was born in 1892 in Queensland. He was the son of George Henry Smith and Emily Mary Mackie.
- At the age of 33 years, Norman Alexander Smith married Adelia Mary Lowien, daughter of Frederick Lowien and Maria Magdelina Ficke, in 1925 in Queensland.
- Norman Alexander Smith and Adelia Mary Lowien appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1930 living at Nutgrove. Norman was a fettler.
- Norman Alexander Smith died in 1956 in Brisbane, Queensland.
Norman Frank Smith
M, b. circa 1916, d. 1985