Located 13 km north-west of Toowoomba, Glencoe was once known as Gowrie Scrub. Originally part of the Gowrie run, farm selections began in the 1870's. Many selectors were from German & Scottish origins - the name Glencoe being chosen instead of the less attractive Gowrie Scrub when the school opened in 1880. The majority of selectors were dairy farmers. Like Meringandan Glencoe was part of the Rosalie Shire. However, many settlers of the Crow's Nest district had family origins in Glencoe.
Gowrie Scrub, Glencoe