Wilhelm Frederick Bruggemann
M, b. 1885, d. 1967
- Wilhelm Frederick Bruggemann was born in 1885 in Queensland.
- He was the son of Fredrick Bruggemann and Auguste Hartwig.
- Wilhelm Frederick Bruggemann appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1913 living at Silverleigh. William was a farmer.
- At the age of 31 years, Wilhelm Frederick Bruggemann married Emma Wilhelmine Henriette Briese, daughter of Ernst Eduard Briese and Wilhelmine Louise Wolter, in 1916 in Queensland.
- Wilhelm Frederick Bruggemann and Emma Wilhelmine Henriette Briese appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1925 living at Greenwood. William was a farmer.
- Wilhelm Frederick Bruggemann died in 1967 in Queensland.
William Leslie Bruggemann
M, b. 1914, d. 1965
Mathilde Louisa Ulriche Brunn
F, b. 18 September 1864, d. 12 February 1944
- Waroonga - 1 Jun 1887: Other Immigrants on the same ship
- Mathilde Louisa Ulriche Brunn was born on 18 September 1864 in Pommern, Germany. Kollatz, Pommern is known today as Kolacz, Kreis Belgard, Zachodnio-Pomorskie province, Poland. She was the daughter of Hermann Brunn and Dorothea Brunn [Dahlke].
- At the age of 20 years, 2 months and 10 days, Mathilde Louisa Ulriche Brunn married Wilhelm August Robert Vonhoff, son of Johann Heinrich (Anton) Vonhoff and Henrietta Fredrika (Auguste) Zillman, on 28 November 1884 in Gross Krossin, Germany.
- Mathilde Louisa Ulriche Brunn and Wilhelm August Robert Vonhoff immigrated to Queensland on 1 June 1887. Wilhelm aged 30, and Mathilda 22 and baby August travelled on the Waroonga departing London on 5 Apr 1887 with Wilhelm's brother Rheinholdt Vonhoff aged 16.
- Mathilde Louisa Ulriche Brunn and Wilhelm August Robert Vonhoff appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1903 and 1905 living at Douglas. Wilhelm was a farmer. His brother Reinhdardt aslo farmed at Douglas.
- In February 1908 Wilhelm Vonhoff senior, who had become homesick, took the entire family back to Germany. He sold the farm -Welke Road, Groomsville (Sub-division 3 of Portion 3619 with an area of 54 acres 1 rood 24 perches) on 5 Mar 1909 to Walter Astbury. Wilhelm jnr returned from Germany to Groomsvillle in 1909 to marry his sweetheart, followed by August in 1910. Wilhelm jnr bought their old farm back from Walter Astbury on 25 Jan 1912. After Wilhelm senior died in Germany in 1912, Mathilde decided to return to Australia with the rest of the family in Jan 1914. Robert remained until after the war.
- On 15 March 1912,her husband, Wilhelm August Robert Vonhoff died in Westpreussen, Germany, at age 54. Zempelburg, Westpreussen is now knowns as Sepolno Krajenskie, Kreis Flatow, Kujawsko-Pomorskie province, Poland.
- Mathilde Louisa Ulriche Brunn appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1925 living at Groomsville. She carried out home duties and most likely lived with one of her sons.
- She and Martha Ida Elizabeth Vonhoff appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1930 and 1934 living at Groomsville. They both carried out home duties.
- Mathilde Louisa Ulriche Brunn appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1937 and 1943 living at Crow's Nest.
- Mathilde Louisa Ulriche Brunn died on 12 February 1944 in Queensland at age 79.
- She was buried on 13 February 1944 in Crow's Nest Cemetery.
Children of Mathilde Louisa Ulriche Brunn and Wilhelm August Robert Vonhoff
- August Herman Wilhelm Vonhoff+ b. 31 March 1887, d. 18 October 1948
- William Robert August Vonhoff+ b. 13 January 1889, d. 5 June 1971
- Theresa Sophia Helena Vonhoff+ b. 25 January 1891, d. 17 October 1975
- Robert Albert Julius Vonhoff+ b. 12 March 1893, d. 22 September 1957
- Richard Herman Heinrick Vonhoff b. 1 July 1895, d. November 1966
- Augusta Wilhelmine Mathilda Vonhoff b. 2 February 1898, d. 1957
- Albert Anton Ferdinand Vonhoff+ b. 9 February 1900, d. 30 January 1982
- Anna Bertha Vonhoff+ b. 11 December 1901, d. 7 November 1972
- Hermann Heinrich Karl Vonhoff+ b. 26 November 1903, d. 10 July 1999
- Martha Ida Elizabeth Vonhoff b. 4 December 1905, d. 18 August 1970
Louise Anna Brunner
F, b. 1898
F, b. 1855
- Charlotte Brunsdon was born in 1855 in Gloucestershire.
- At the age of 24 years, Charlotte Brunsdon married James Vowden, son of James Vowden and Elizabeth Mitchell, in March 1879 in Gloucestershire.
- At the time of the 3 April 1881 census Charlotte Brunsdon was living in the household of Elizabeth Mitchell in Gloucestershire. Elizabeth is shown as a 47 year old mariners wife born St Feock Cornwall living with her daughter Elizabeth M 23 a dressmaker born St Feock and son Frederick aged 6 born Gloucester. Her daugther in law Charlotte Vowden aged 27 born Gloucester a mariners wife is also living with them.
- In 1884 Charlotte Brunsdon and James Vowden lived in Gloucestershire.
- Charlotte Brunsdon appeared on the census of 31 March 1901 in Seaforth, Lancashire. Charlotte is shown as 46 years old, born Cheltenham, Gloucester, living with her children, Thomas aged 14,an assistant railway storekeeper born Bristol, George aged 10 born Wroughton, Wills, and Ivy G aged 7 born St Ferek (Feock) Cornwall.
F, b. circa 1860
Edward William Brushe
M, b. 14 June 1897, d. 12 March 1972
- Edward William Brushe was born on 14 June 1897 in Queensland. He was the son of Palmer Brushe and Margaret Woods.
- At the age of 41 years, 2 months and 1 day, Edward William Brushe married Glennie Blinco, daughter of John Walton Blinco and Mary Edith Spence, on 15 August 1938 in Queensland.
- Edward William Brushe died on 12 March 1972 in Queensland at age 74.
Ann Draydon Bryant
F, b. 1817, d. March 1878
- Ann Draydon Bryant was born in 1817 in Essex.
- She was the daughter of William Bryant and Margaret Harrington.
- At the age of 28 years, Ann Draydon Bryant married Aaron Lockwood in December 1845 in Essex. There were no children from the marriage.
- Ann Draydon Bryant and Aaron Lockwood appeared on the census of 7 April 1861 in Essex. Aaron was shown as born c 1816, Essex living with his wife Ann B.
- Her death was recorded with the an unknown place , an unknown place Registration District in the March 1878 Quarter.
F, b. 1800
Eldon Mellefont Bryant
M, b. 10 November 1906
M, b. 1798, d. December 1858
M, b. 1796, d. 23 February 1871
Lucy Eleanor Bryant
F, b. 2 October 1912, d. 1996
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Eyles
- Lucy Eleanor Bryant was born on 2 October 1912.
- At the age of 26 years, 2 months and 19 days, Lucy Eleanor Bryant married Harold Maitland Richardson, son of William Reuben Richardson and Eveline Annie Cresswell, on 21 December 1938 in New Zealand.
- In 1966,her husband, Harold Maitland Richardson died in New Zealand.
- Lucy Eleanor Bryant died in 1996 in New Zealand.
F, b. 1816
F, b. 1818
M, b. 1763, d. December 1842
William Keynes Bryant
M, b. 1794, d. March 1847
Jane Elizabeth Brydon
F, b. circa 1880, d. 25 November 1915
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Eyles
- Jane Elizabeth Brydon was born circa 1880.
- Jane Elizabeth Brydon married Edward James Aberhart, son of Johann Heinrich Eberhardt and Harriet Eyles, on 25 January 1905 in New Zealand.
- Jane Elizabeth Brydon died on 25 November 1915 in Paeroa, Coromandel, New Zealand. The following article appeared in the " Ohinemuri Gazette" on 26 November 1915 - ABERHART- On Thursday November 25 at her residence, Coronation Street, Jane Elizabeth dearly beloved wife of E J Aberhart , after a short illness. Her funeral will leave her late residence at half past one on Sunday afternoon.
Another article read: The death took place yesterday afternoon of Mrs Aberhart of Coronation Street after a short illness. She leaves a husband and five little children to mourn their loss.
M, b. circa 1900
Eleanor (Ellen) Buchanan
F, b. 1838, d. 29 June 1906
- Business Owners: Other Business Owners
- Eleanor (Ellen) Buchanan was born in 1838. She was the daughter of James Buchanan and Agnes Kilbraith.
- At the age of 20 years, Eleanor (Ellen) Buchanan married Joseph Gould on 1 October 1858 in Queensland.
- On 6 March 1886,her husband, Joseph Gould died in Queensland. He died in an accident. The Darling Downs Gazette reported "The Darling Downs Gazette reported "A sad accident, attended with fatal results occurred a short distance from Crows Nest Township, on Wednesday evening last. It appears that Mr Joseph Gould, publican, residing at Crows Nest, had been into town on business, and was returning home in his spring cart in the evening. When approaching Mr Pechey's licensed gate, which is nearest the township, it is supposed (for no one saw the occurrence) that the horse he was driving might have bolted, and running right into the closed gate, smashing it completely and over turning the cart. Mr Gould was thrown out, his head striking a rail in the fence with such force that tho skull was laid open from front to back. When found, he was partially insensible, but unable to give any account how the accident had occurred. Dr Armstrong was telegraphed for, and at once drove out reaching Crows Nest about 1 o'clock in the morning. A slight examination showed that there was no hope of recovery, but everything was done that medical skill could do to mitigate the unfortunate man’s sufferings, he never recovered consciousness, however, and died on Thursday evening. Mr Gould was well known in the Highfields and Crows Nest districts. A few months ago he purchased some land adjoining the proposed railway station of Crows Nest, and erected a hotel thereon, which was scarcely finished at the time of his death." Joseph was the proprietor of the Royal Hotel in Crows Nest at the time.
- On 22 March 1887, the following article appeared in the the Toowoomba Chronicle and Darling Downs General Advertiser . "I HUGH CAMPBELL, being the holder of
a Licensed Victualler's License under
the said Act, for the premises known as the
" ROYAL HOTEL," and situated iN Queen
street, Crow's Nest, in the said District,
hereby give notice that I intend to apply at
the next Quarterly Meeting of the said
License Authority to TRANSFER the said
Licence to ELLEN GOULD, of Crow's
And I, the said ELLEN GOULD,
hereby give notice that it is my intention to
apply that snob TRANSFER may be granted
I am a Widow, having 5 children.
I have held a License before for the Royal
Hotel, in Queen Street, Crows Nest, for three
Dated this 11th day of March, 1837.
- On 10 September 1887, the following advertisement appeared in the the Toowoomba Chronicle and Darling Downs General Advertiser . "
AT CROWS NEST
WITH PERMANENT WATER,
Area — 403 Acres.
Being Portions 25 and 27, County Cavendish,
and Parish of Crow's Nest.
8 MILES FROM THE CROW'S NEST
J S. M'INTRYE has received instructions
from Mrs, E. GOULD to Sell the
above by Public Auction on
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12TH,
at 12 o'clock.
The IMPROVEMENTS comprise Four-
roomed W.B, Cottage, with Shingle
Roof and Verandah In front ; large Hay
Shed, Stock-yard, and Calf-pen ; Well,
about 90 feet deep, with a good supply
of water ; Garden— 1 acre, containing
Fruit Trees and Vines; 20 Acres cleared
and cultivated, with Paling Fence. The
whole Property enclosed by
Tho soil is first-class, about 40 acres rich
chocolate, and tho remainder good
cultivation and grazing land.
TITLE R. P. ACT,
- In June 1889 Ellen was still license of the Royal Hotel in Crow's Nest. She gave evidence in the trial of William Cherry for forging and uttering.
- On 14 December 1889 Ellen gave notice that she intended to transfer the license of the Royal Hotel to Thomas Langton, Horse Driver.
- In September 1892, Ellen Gould gave notice that she intended to transfer the license of the Royal Hotel to Matthew Gleeson who had held the license for the "Crows Nest Hotel" for five years.
- At the age of 56 years, Eleanor (Ellen) Buchanan married William Atherton in 1894.
- Eleanor (Ellen) Buchanan died on 29 June 1906 in Queensland.
- She was buried on 30 June 1906 in Cabarlah Cemetery. CE1-00B-0002.
- Probate for her estate was granted on 29 October 1906 "Eleanor Atherton, Toowoomba, to James Mozart Gould, Crows Nest, licensed victualler, and Charles Alexander Stewart, Goodna; sawyer. Death occurred
26th June. Realty and personalty,
Children of Eleanor (Ellen) Buchanan and Joseph Gould
- Sarah Elizabeth Gould+ b. 16 November 1859, d. 31 October 1910
- Agnes Elizabeth Gould b. 1860, d. 17 April 1862
- William James Gould b. 1863, d. 1938
- Joseph Henry Gould+ b. 2 November 1864, d. 16 January 1942
- George Alfred Gould b. 3 February 1866, d. 18 July 1867
- George Alexander Gould b. 11 September 1867, d. 1927
- Walter John Gould b. 20 June 1869, d. 26 September 1937
- Mary Ann Gould b. 20 June 1869, d. 15 December 1893
- Harriet Gould b. 3 May 1872, d. 3 May 1933
- Alfred Ernest Gould b. 20 January 1874, d. 23 April 1934
- James Mozart Gould+ b. 31 August 1875, d. 28 September 1938
- Edwin Thomas Gould b. 28 September 1877, d. 4 October 1952
F, b. circa 1835
- Flora Buchanan was born circa 1835.
- Flora Buchanan married William McMullen in 1858 in Patricks Plain, New South Wales.
M, b. circa 1900
Mary Ann Buchanan
F, b. circa 1870
- Mary Ann Buchanan was born circa 1870.
Francis E H Buchannan
M, b. circa 1905
- Charts: Descendants of William Crawford.
Eduard Albert Ernest Buck
M, b. circa 1875
Charles George Buckingham
M, b. 5 March 1898, d. 1970
- Charles George Buckingham was born on 5 March 1898 in New South Wales.
- He was the son of Charles Wesley Buckingham and Dinah L Warn.
- At the age of 19 years, Charles George Buckingham married Ivy Pearl French, daughter of John French and Elizabeth Ann Bailey, in 1918 in New South Wales, Australia.
- Charles George Buckingham enlisted in the Australian Army on 9 July 1941 in Paddington. He was living at Willowby at the time he enlisted and gave his next of kin as his wife Ivy Buckingham. His service number was N273344. He was discharge with the rank of Private on 6 July 1944 in the 116 Australian General Transport Co.
- In 1955,his wife, Ivy Pearl French died in Manly, New South Wales.
- Charles George Buckingham died in 1970 in New South Wales.
Charles Wesley Buckingham
M, b. circa 1870
- Charles Wesley Buckingham was born circa 1870.
- Charles Wesley Buckingham married Dinah L Warn in 1897 in New South Wales.
Ellen Alice Buckley
F, b. 10 August 1888, d. 1985
- Ellen Alice Buckley was born on 10 August 1888.
- At the age of 35 years, Ellen Alice Buckley married Stanley Maurice Tovey, son of Robert Charles Tovey and Harriet Primmer, in 1924 in New Zealand.
- In 1969,her husband, Stanley Maurice Tovey died in New Zealand.
- Ellen Alice Buckley died in 1985 in New Zealand.