Sarah Jane May
F, b. 13 September 1840
M, b. circa 1810
- Thomas May was born circa 1810.
- Thomas May married Jane Unknown circa 1840.
- Thomas May appeared on the census of 30 March 1851 in Trenegloss. Thomas May was shown as a 43 year old farm labourer, living with his wife Jane 41, and children John 10, Suzanna 8, Richard 7, Thomas 5, Josia 3 and Grace 1. All were born in Trenegloss.
M, b. 1882, d. 15 September 1886
- Thomas May was born in 1882.
- He was the son of James May and Mary Jane French.
- Thomas May immigrated on 20 December 1885 with James May and Mary Jane French. James 38, a labourer and Mary J 35, travelled on the Roma departing Glasgow on 25 Oct 1885. They travelled with their children Mary A, aged 14 - a domestic servant born Durham; James 11, Jane 5, Thomas 3 and infant Martha who died on the voyage. The place of birth for all bar 14 year old Mary A was listed as Midd.
- Thomas May died on 15 September 1886 in Queensland.
- He was buried on 15 September 1886 in Cabarlah Cemetery. UNIT-00A-0018.
Thomas Maddern May
M, b. February 1881
- Charts: Descendants of John Maddern , Descendants of Stephen Lower, Descendants of John Gill (#1), Descendants of John Gill (#2)
- Thomas Maddern May was born in February 1881 in Madron, Cornwall, England. Thomas was 1 month old at the time of the Census.
- He was the son of Richard May and Priscilla Maddern.
- At the time of the 3 April 1881 census Thomas Maddern May was living in the household of Thomas Maddern in Penzance. Thomas Maddern is shown as a 63 year old widow, an agent for the Midland Railway (Carrier) born Newlyn, living with his son -in-law Richard May a 36 year old cab proprietor born Launceston and daughter Priscilla May, 37 born Newlyn. The May children are also living on the premises:- Richard Thomas May 12, a scholar; John Valentine May 11, a scholar; Jane Pricilla May 9; Florence Catherine May 7; Mary Ann May 3; Thomas Maddern May aged 1 month. All the children were born in Penzance.
- Thomas Maddern May was baptized on 27 May 1881 in Cornwall.
- At the time of the 5 April 1891 census Thomas Maddern May was living in the household of Richard May and Priscilla Maddern in Penzance. Richard senior is shown as the 43 year old head of the household, born Launceston, a cab proprioter living with his wife Priscilla 47 born Paul, and children Richard 22 a boot shop assistant, Valentine 21 a hairdresser, Priscilla J 18 a hairdresser, Florence K 17 a shop assistant, Annie 13 a scholar, Thomas M 9 a scholar, Edward L 4. All the children were born in Penzance. Thomas Maddern, father in law, a retired railway agent aged 74 was also living with the family.
- Thomas Maddern May appeared on the census of 31 March 1901 in Melcombe Regis, Dorset, England. He is shown as a railway clerk, born Penzance, aged 19 years.
- He appeared on the census of 2 April, 1911 in East Ealing, Middlesex. Thomas 30, born Penzance, was a railway clerk boarding with the Kimpton family.
M, b. circa 1780
- William May was born circa 1780.
- William May married Jane Unknown circa 1805.
M, b. 1892, d. 7 November 1958
- Charts: Descendants of Thomas Cossart
Malcolm Charles Mayes
M, b. 1907
F, b. circa 1762, d. 1788
Elizabeth Annie Mayhew
F, b. 1872, d. 1956
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Eyles
- Elizabeth Annie Mayhew was born in 1872.
- At the age of 26 years, Elizabeth Annie Mayhew married Arthur Ernest Sutton, son of John Sutton and Esther Eyles, in 1898 in New Zealand.
- Elizabeth Annie Mayhew died in 1956 in New Zealand.
Children of Elizabeth Annie Mayhew and Arthur Ernest Sutton
- Robert Lancelot Sutton b. 13 July 1899, d. 1994
- Wilfred Martin Sutton b. 1 January 1901, d. 1981
- Mildred Sutton b. 1902
- Violet Bessie Sutton b. 5 October 1904, d. 2000
- Inez Elizabeth Sutton b. 26 June 1906, d. 1984
- Annie Melva Sutton b. 29 February 1908, d. 1977
- Ernest Newton Sutton b. 12 August 1910, d. 1974
F, b. 1822, d. 31 July 1885
- Charts: Descendants of Thomas Bridgeman
- Sarah McAdam was born in 1822 in England.
- At the age of 32 years, Sarah McAdam married Thomas Bridgeman on 23 October 1854 in South Australia, Australia. She was a 32 year old spinster and he a 42 year old widowed carpenter. Witnesses to the marriage were Francis Kelly and Mary Ann Jolly.
- Sarah McAdam and Thomas Bridgeman immigrated to New Zealand on 3 September 1855. Family hearsay has it that they travelled on the ship Gil Blass from Melbourne on 3 September 1855, as steerage passengers under the name of Mr and Mrs Adams. Sarah would have been eight months pregnant at the time . (Taranaki Bridgeman family hearsay) has it that Thomas 'jumped ship' and was liable for severe punishment, if he had been caught . Does this refer to Thomas' leaving the HMS Britomart without permission way back in 1841 when Owen Stanley surveyed Auckland harbour?
Three more children were born to Thomas and Sarah McAdam - Thomas Henry in Otago in 1857, South Island and twins Priscilla and Sarah in 1859. Sometime before 1880 the family moved to the New Plymouth district in the North Island where their daughter Sarah died in 1880.
- On 3 October 1855,Sarah McAdam's son, James Adams Bridgeman was born in South Island, New Zealand. According to family hearsay he was born in a tent at Milton and, in later life, had a wooden leg.
- On 9 June 1880,Sarah McAdam's daughter, Sarah Bridgeman was buried in Inglewood Cemetery at age 21.
- Sarah McAdam died on 31 July 1885 in New Zealand.
- She was buried on 25 August 1885 in Inglewood Cemetery. Row 1 Plot 26N.
Elizabeth Duciat McAlpine
F, b. circa 1886, d. 17 May 1970
- Charts: Descendants of Thomas Staines.
- Elizabeth Duciat McAlpine was born circa 1886 in Scotland. She was the daughter of William McAlpine.
- Elizabeth Duciat McAlpine married Thomas Staines, son of John Carroll Staines and Alice Dawes, in June 1918 in Petersham, New South Wales. The Carowinda Star and Eugowra News reported:- "A pretty wedding was celebrated recently in the Methodist Church, Leichhardt, by the Rev. Mr. Hathgate, when Elizabeth, youngest daughter of Mr. William McAlpine, of Edinburgh, Scotland, was united in matrimony with Thomas Staines, late private of the 2nd Battalion, A.I.F., and eldest son of Mr. J. C. Staines, of Canowindra. After the ceremony the guests adjourned to the residence of Mrs. Power, aunt of the bride, where they sat down to a sumptuous breakfast, afterwards catching the train for Cauowindra — their future home. The bridegroom's present to the bride was a gold bangle, and to the bridesmaid, a gold signet ring. There were numerous other presents."
- On 26 June 1958,her husband, Thomas Staines died in New South Wales at age 72.
- Elizabeth Duciat McAlpine died on 17 May 1970 in New South Wales.
- She was buried in Canowindra Cemetery.
F, b. 11 May 1864, d. 30 March 1943
- Roma - 9 February 1887: Other Immigrants on the same ship
- Ann McAndrews was born on 11 May 1864 in Cornwall.
- Her marriage, at 17 years and 6 months, to Edward Owen, son of James Thomas Barquieth Owen and Margaret Spurling, was registered in the December 1881 Quarter in Lambeth, London Registration District.
- Ann McAndrews and Edward Owen immigrated to Queensland on 9 February 1887. Edward 24, Annie 21, and their children Edward 4 and Annie 1 travelled on the Roma. The family made their way to the Crow's Nest district where Frederick was born the same year. Brother Charles followed in 1889.
- Ann McAndrews witnessed the burial of William Henry Owen on 7 December 1899 in Cabarlah Cemetery.
- Ann McAndrews and Edward Owen appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1903 living at Douglas. Edward was a farmer. The entire family appear to have moved to Brisbane in the early 1900's.
- Ann McAndrews died on 30 March 1943 in Queensland at age 78.
Children of Ann McAndrews and Edward Owen
- Edward Charles Owen b. 1882, d. 1969
- Annie Owen b. 1885
- Frederick Owen b. 1887, d. 16 May 1960
- Jessie Owen b. 31 March 1889
- Nellie Owen b. 3 January 1891
- Alice Owen b. 5 July 1893
- Alfred Owen b. 29 April 1895, d. 1979
- Thomas Owen b. 16 June 1897, d. 1970
- William Henry Owen b. 1899, d. 6 December 1899
Harriett Alice McAndrews
F, b. circa 1870, d. 1957
- Harriett Alice McAndrews was born circa 1870. She was the daughter of Daniel McAndrews and Ann Wilson.
- Harriett Alice McAndrews married Henry Robertson in 1896 in Queensland.
- Harriett Alice McAndrews and Henry Robertson appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1903 and 1908 living at Queen Street, Crow's Nest. Henry was a butcher.
- Harriett Alice McAndrews and Henry Robertson appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1913 living at Queensland. Henry was a labourer.
- Harriett Alice McAndrews died in 1957 in Queensland.
M, b. 1874, d. 1930
F, b. circa 1870
- Margaret McAuley was born circa 1870.
- Margaret McAuley married Willliam J Unwin circa 1895 in New South Wales.
M, b. circa 1900
Mary Ellen McAuliffe
F, b. circa 1880
- Mary Ellen McAuliffe was born circa 1880.
- Mary Ellen McAuliffe married Sidney Herbert Robinson in 1903 in Queensland.
Ivan S A McCahon
M, b. 28 September 1905
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Robinson
Gilbert Logan Campbell McCallum
M, b. 22 October 1906, d. 1976
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Eyles
- Gilbert Logan Campbell McCallum was born on 22 October 1906.
- At the age of 21 years, 3 months and 6 days, Gilbert Logan Campbell McCallum married Alice Ivy Eyles, daughter of Winifred Clara Eyles, on 28 January 1928 in New Zealand.
- In 1949,his wife, Alice Ivy Eyles died in New Zealand.
- Gilbert Logan Campbell McCallum died in 1976 in New Zealand.
Howard Keith McCallum
M, b. 1900
Margaret Ann McCann
F, b. circa 1845
- Margaret Ann McCann was born circa 1845.
- Margaret Ann McCann married John Rankin in 1863 in Queensland.
F, b. 28 January 1876
Charles Stewart Parnell McCarthy
M, b. 12 September 1884, d. 1970
Daniel O'Connell Croke McCarthy
M, b. 6 July 1883, d. 1942
David James Joseph McCarthy
M, b. 9 May 1880, d. 25 August 1915
- David James Joseph McCarthy was born on 9 May 1880 in Queensland.
- He was the son of Michael McCarthy and Bridget Quinn.
- David James Joseph McCarthy and Jeremiah McCarthy appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1903 living at Forest Vale, Crow's Nest. They were both labourers. Their brother Michael was a stock inspector at Crow's Nest. Two of their sisters Mary and Julia also lived in Crow's Nest.
- David James Joseph McCarthy enlisted in the AIF, 9th Battalion on 14 August 1914 in Toowoomba. Service No 425. He stated that he was a railway porter, born Crow's Nest. His next of kin was his father Michael of Elliot Street, Wooloongabba.
- David James Joseph McCarthy was killed in action on 25 August 1915 in Lone Pine, Gallipoli, Turkey, at age 35.
Edith May McCarthy
F, b. 13 August 1906, d. 1 April 1976
Elizabeth Agnes McCarthy
F, b. 20 August 1881
Elsie May MCcarthy
F, b. 1901, d. 3 August 1974
- Elsie May MCcarthy was born in 1901 in Queensland. She was the daugher of Michael Andrew McCarthy and Mary Ann Molloy.
- At the age of 24 years, Elsie May MCcarthy married August Christian Frederick Ludke, son of Wilhelm Ludke and Albertine Emile Giering/Girding, in 1925 in Queensland.
- Elsie May MCcarthy died on 3 August 1974.
- She was buried in Nerang Cemetery. She is included on a headstone with her mother Mary Ann.