F, b. circa 1839, d. 26 September 1921
- Sophia Sopp was also known as Catherine Sophia.
- She was born circa 1839.
- She was the daughter of Johann Sopp and Marithis Elizabeth Gesang.
- Sophia Sopp married Jakob Andreas Heiss, son of Johann Friedrich Christof Albig and Johanna (Rosina) Heiss, on 29 February 1864 in New South Wales, Australia. The marriage certificte shows Jacob was a bachelor labourer, living in Tenterfield, and Catherine a spinster house servant living in Tenterfield. Their ages and details of their parents were not given. Witnesses to the marriage were Johnann Bonhag (Jacob's nephew), and Elizabeth Sopp (Sophie's sister). The minister was James Hart Johnson.
- Sophia Sopp and Jakob Andreas Heiss had nine children - John F who died as a young man aged 20, Rosina Mary who died aged two years, Frederick Andrew, Mary Catherine, twins Charles and Henry, Andrew, George and William. All of the children were born in Tenterfield.
- In 1881 The following article appeared in "The Maitland Mercury" on Thursday 13 October 1881 - " NEW ENGLAND.
(from the Tenterfield Star, Oct.9)
On Sunday afternoon last as Mrs. Fisher, residing on the west side of the town, was out driving on the Glen Innes road in a buggy with her sister (Mrs. Heiss) and some of their children, they met with an accident of a startling nature, which might easily have been attended with consequences of a serious if not fatal kind. It appears they had reached the approach to the bridge over the Stoney Creek crossing, when the horse shied, and backed the vehicle over the embankment, overturning the buggy on the occupants. Fortunately, Mr. J. J. Brown happened to pass shortly after and rendered good service by extricating the women and children from their perilous position, and afterwards brought them into town. It was indeed almost miraculous how they all escaped with so little injury, for beyond a few bruises and the fright we are glad to learn none of them sustained any serious hurt."
- Sophia Sopp died on 26 September 1921 in New South Wales, Australia.
- She was buried in Tenterfield Cemetery. Headstone shows aged 82 years - Methodist Row F/Lot 29.
- Sophia Sopp also went by the name of Sophy.
Children of Sophia Sopp and Jakob Andreas Heiss
- John F(rederick) Heiss b. 1864, d. 1884
- Rosina Mary Heiss b. 1865, d. 1 June 1867
- Frederick Andrew Heiss b. 1867, d. 1952
- Mary Catherine Heiss b. 1870, d. 23 October 1946
- Charles Heiss+ b. 1873, d. 2 August 1956
- Henry Heiss b. 1873, d. 8 October 1909
- Andrew Heiss+ b. 1875, d. 1950
- George Heiss b. 1877, d. 1964
- William Heiss b. 1878, d. 13 January 1892
F, b. circa 1880
- Stella Sopp was born circa 1880.
- Stella Sopp married Albert Charles Fitzroy Ezzy circa 1900.
F, b. circa 1830
- Mary Sorence was born circa 1830.
- Mary Sorence married Charles Friedrick Shafer circa 1850.
Nellie Josine Sorraghan
F, b. circa 1900
- Nellie Josine Sorraghan was born circa 1900.
Clarissa Bertha Southerden
F, b. 7 March 1867, d. 24 November 1916
- Clarissa Bertha Southerden was born on 7 March 1867 in Brisbane. She was the daughter of Edward Barton Southerden and Mary Elizabeth Cribb.
- At the age of 21 years, Clarissa Bertha Southerden married Arthur Edward Cornell in 1889 in Queensland.
- Clarissa Bertha Southerden and Arthur Edward Cornell appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1913 living at Gomoran. Arthur was a farmer. Their daughter Mary was music teacher and daughter Phyllis a teacher.
- Clarissa Bertha Southerden died on 24 November 1916 in Queensland at age 49.
- She was buried on 25 November 1916 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery. BC1-011-0062.
Children of Clarissa Bertha Southerden and Arthur Edward Cornell
Oswald Cribb Southerdon
M, b. 4 July 1893, d. 7 October 1943
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Eyles
- Oswald Cribb Southerdon was born on 4 July 1893. He was the son of John Stephen SOUTHERDON and Jeanetta Margaret MCGAW.
- At the age of 26 years, 4 months and 22 days, Oswald Cribb Southerdon married Mary Ann McGregor, daughter of John McGregor and Agnes Gillis, on 26 November 1919. They farmed at Boodua after their marriage.
- Oswald Cribb Southerdon and Mary Ann McGregor appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1937 living at Boodua. Oswald was a farmer.
- Oswald Cribb Southerdon died on 7 October 1943 in Queensland at age 50.
- He was buried on 8 October 1943 in Toowoomba & Drayton Cemetery.
F, b. 2 March 1770
Elizabeth Dunn Southey
F, b. 12 December 1799
M, b. circa 1745
Mary Jane Spagoe
F, b. 1840
- Mary Jane Spagoe was born in 1840 in Cornwall.
- She was the daughter of William Spagoe and Mary Unknown.
- At the age of 26 years, Mary Jane Spagoe married John Warren, son of Henry Warren and Jane Maddern, on 27 June 1866 in Paul, Cornwall. The marriage record shows 27 Jun 1866 by Banns John Warren full age Farm Labourer of Newlyn [Mark] (Father: Henry Warren, Gardener) Mary Jane Spargoe full age of Sheffield [Mark] (Father: William Spargoe, Stonemason) Witnesses: Richard Berryman, Miriam Curnow.
- At the time of the 2 April 1871 census Mary Jane Spagoe was living in the household of William Spagoe in Sheffield. William was shown as a 61 year old stone mason, born Madron living with his wife Mary, 62 born Paul and children Mary J Warren, 31, married born Madron, Eliza 20 born Madron, Elizabeth 19 born Paul and his grandson John H Warren born Paul aged 4.
- At the time of the 3 April 1881 census Mary Jane Spagoe was living in the household of William Spagoe in Paul. William is shown as a 71 year old widowed stonemason born Penryn living with his widowed daughter Mary Jane Warren, 40 born Penzance, a poulterer, unmarried daughter Eliza Spagoe, 31, born Penzance also a poulterer and John H Warren, 13, a scholar born Paul, his grandson.
M, b. 1810
- William Spagoe was born in 1810 in Madron.
- William Spagoe married Mary Unknown.
- William Spagoe appeared on the census of 2 April 1871 in Sheffield. William was shown as a 61 year old stone mason, born Madron living with his wife Mary, 62 born Paul and children Mary J Warren, 31, married born Madron, Eliza 20 born Madron, Elizabeth 19 born Paul and his grandson John H Warren born Paul aged 4.
- He appeared on the census of 3 April 1881 in Paul. William is shown as a 71 year old widowed stonemason born Penryn living with his widowed daughter Mary Jane Warren, 40 born Penzance, a poulterer, unmarried daughter Eliza Spagoe, 31, born Penzance also a poulterer and John H Warren, 13, a scholar born Paul, his grandson.
Eleanor Beatrice Sparks
F, b. 1867
- Charts: Descendants of Stephen Lower
F, b. 17 May 1801, d. March 1882
- Charts: Descendants of Thomas Jeffery
- Ann Sparshott was baptized on 17 May 1801 in Lamberhurst, England. (Lamberhurst - Camberhurst?)
- She was the daughter of Samuel Sparshott and Ann Williams.
- At the age of 25 years, 9 months and 3 days, Ann Sparshott married Henry Jefferis, son of Thomas Jeffery Jefferis and Ann Kemp, on 20 February 1827 in Weston Patrick, Hampshire, England.
- Ann Sparshott and Henry Jefferis appeared on the census of 7 June 1841 in Hampshire. The census showes Henry 40, Ann 30, Ann Mary 11, Henry Sparshott 8, Lewis 6 and Robert Kemp aged 4. All born in County.
- Ann Sparshott and Henry Jefferis appeared on the census of 30 March 1851 in Alton. Henry is shown as a 53 year old tanner employing 13 men born Alton and living with his wife Ann 45, born Lamberhurst, Anne M aged 21, Lewis 16, Robert K 14 all born Alton.
- Ann Sparshott and Henry Jefferis appeared on the census of 7 April 1861 in Alton. Henry was shown as a 68 year old tanner born Alton and Ann a 57 year old born Lambrkent (Lamberhurst, Kent) Their daughter Ann Mary and her son Lewis were staying with them. A servant Eliza Whetstone aged 52 was also living in the house.
- Ann Sparshott appeared on the census of 3 April 1881 in Lambeth. Ann is shown as a 78 year old widow born Lamberhurst, Kent living with her widowed daughter Ann M Garrett aged 47, born Alton, Hampshire and her sons Gilbert H 26, born F(T)amworth, Stafford and Lewis P Garrett 24, born F(T)amworth, Stafford, both were mechanical engineers - also boarder Ralph Archbould 25, a mechanical engineer born in Islip, Northampton and Martha Goulding 21, servant born Hollybourne, Hampshire.
- Her death was recorded with the Lambeth, Isle of Wight, Hampshire Registration District in the March 1882 Quarter.
F, b. 25 December 1779
M, b. circa 1744
M, b. circa 1780
- Samuel Sparshott was born circa 1780.
- Samuel Sparshott married Ann Williams on 3 July 1800 in Odiham.
F, b. circa 1900
F, b. circa 1890
Cecil Awde Spence
M, b. 24 August 1905, d. 3 April 1975
F, b. 1837, d. 1 May 1914
- Elizabeth Spence was born in 1837. She was born at sea aboard the velles "Portland" which arrived in Sydney in December 1837. Her parents were William SPENCE and Agnes GORDON.
- At the age of 21 years, Elizabeth Spence married William Johnston on 6 January 1858 in New South Wales.
- Elizabeth Spence died on 1 May 1914 in New South Wales.
Elsie May Spence
F, b. 22 August 1906, d. 4 October 1968
Eric Ronald Spence
M, b. 24 January 1922, d. 10 May 1985
George Edward Spence
M, b. 2 November 1912, d. 23 October 1959
- George Edward Spence was born on 2 November 1912 in Queensland.
- He was the son of Thomas Richard Spence and Annie Eliza Evans.
- George Edward Spenceenlisted in the Australian Army on 9 June 1941 in Coogara North. He was living at Toowoomba when he enlisted and gave his next of kin as his wife Eileen. He was discharged on 20 Feb 1943 from the 2/31 Infantry Battalion with the rank of Private.
- George Edward Spence died on 23 October 1959 in Queensland at age 46.
- He was buried in Winton Cemetery.
George Henry Spence
M, b. 18 September 1907, d. 14 May 1991
Hilda Grace Spence
F, b. 13 November 1920, d. 13 June 1921
John George Spence
M, b. between 1854 and 1857, d. 9 December 1924
- John George Spence was born between 1854 and 1857 in England.
- John George Spence married Mary Jane Simpson circa 1878.
- John George Spence and Mary Jane Simpson immigrated to Queensland on 27 August 1878. John George 21, and Mary Jane 21 travelled on the Rodell Bay.
- John George Spence died on 9 December 1924 in Queensland.
- He was buried on 10 December 1924 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery.
John William Spence
M, b. 24 October 1908, d. 2 February 1977
Joseph William Spence
M, b. 1887, d. 15 December 1890
Leslie Robert Spence
M, b. 13 July 1911, d. 13 June 2003
Mary Edith Spence
F, b. 11 February 1879, d. 21 August 1942
- Mary Edith Spence was born on 11 February 1879 in Queensland.
- She was the daughter of John George Spence and Mary Jane Simpson.
- At the age of 23 years, 7 months and 26 days, Mary Edith Spence married John Walton Blinco, son of Alfred William Blinco and Marion Dinah Langton, on 7 October 1902 in Queensland.
- Mary Edith Spence and John Walton Blinco appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1903 living at Queen Street, Crow's Nest. John was a sawyer, most likely working in his brother Thomas' sawmill and Edith carried out home duties.
- After leaving his brother's mill at Crow's Nest, John managed a mill at Googa near Blackbutt. After the mill closed and the children needed to attend school they bought a faarm from Alfred King at Virginia.
- Mary Edith Spence and John Walton Blinco appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1930 living at Virginia. John was a farmer.
- Mary Edith Spence died on 21 August 1942 in Queensland at age 63.
- She was buried on 22 August 1942 in Crow's Nest Cemetery.
Children of Mary Edith Spence and John Walton Blinco
- Edith Charlotte Blinco b. 9 July 1903, d. 3 January 1976
- Louisa Marion Blinco+ b. 17 November 1904, d. 24 April 1986
- Mabel Florence Blinco b. 10 May 1906, d. 6 June 1983
- Emily Jane Blinco+ b. 3 January 1908, d. 23 July 1997
- Robert Thomas Alfred Blinco b. 3 July 1909, d. 23 December 1909
- George Lodeman Blinco b. 2 October 1910, d. 24 February 2000
- John Luke Blinco b. 27 April 1912, d. 6 July 1996
- Glennie Blinco b. 13 November 1914, d. 16 November 1988
- Hazel Blinco b. 20 March 1917, d. 25 September 1935
- Betsy Isabel Blinco b. 15 October 1919, d. 1 February 2006