F, b. 1845
M, b. 1851
- Philip Jenkins was born in 1851 in New South Wales.
- He was the son of James Jenkins and Ann West.
- We returned to Sydney for my father to look for better prospects and it was during 1868
that he heard that the first and only bakery business in Manly was for sale from a Mr.
George Fox, whose father John Fox had established the first general store there, on the
Corso where McIlrath’s is at this time (1952). It was after called the Post Office Stores,
because his daughter who used to be called Pop Fox, had been appointed as Post-
Mistress next door. She had a young assistant, by name George Ruwald, to assist her
with the telegraph business, to whom she was married in after years. She had previously
been Mrs. Phillip Jenkins, nephew of Miss Jenkins who left her large estate at Dee
Why/Narrabeen to the Salvation Army. She lived on the hill at the back of where the
Army Old Men’s Home now stands.
- At the age of 23 years, Philip Jenkins married Mary Elizabeth Fox in 1874 in New South Wales.
M, b. 1829, d. 1855
M, b. 1820, d. 1853
M, b. 1819
William James Jenkins
M, b. circa 1835
- William James Jenkins was born circa 1835. He was the son of William Jenkins, a coast guard officer.
- He witnessed the marriage of William Lower and Elizabeth Peters on 21 September 1861 in St Just in Roseland, Cornwall; William is shown as a bachelor of full age, a mariner living at St Mawes. His father is shown as Jonathan Cundy (deceased), also a mariner. Elizabeth is a spinster of full age living at St Mawes. She is a dress maker daughter of William Peters a shipwright. Witnesses to the marriage are William Henry Jenkins and Margaret Peters.
- William James Jenkins married Margaret Peters, daughter of William Peters and Mary Bellman, on 7 January 1864 in St Just in Roseland, Cornwall. He was a mariner bachelor of St Mawes, father William Jenkins a coast guard officer and Margaret was a spinster of St Mawes. Her father was William Peters, a shipwright. Witnesses to the marriage were William Peters (jnr) and Rhoda Peters.
- William James Jenkins appeared on the census of 3 April 1881 in St Mawes. William was shown as a 41 year old Trinity pilot born Ireland, living with his wife Margaret 38 born St Mawes and their 7 children. Elizabeth Lower (Margaret's sister) a 45 year old seaman's wife was visiting the family.
Florence Mary Jennens
F, b. 1889, d. 6 May 1968
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Eyles
- Florence Mary Jennens was born in 1889 in New Zealand. She was the daughter of John Henry and Mary JENNENS.
- At the age of 21 years, Florence Mary Jennens married Clarence Beach, son of John Octavius Beach and Eleanor Sutton, in 1910 in New Zealand.
- On 16 June 1960,her husband, Clarence Beach died in New Zealand at age 69.
- Florence Mary Jennens died on 6 May 1968.
- Florence was buried on 9 May 1968 in Richmond Cemetery.
F, b. 1897, d. 1897
Elsie A Jenner
F, b. 1890
Ethel M Jenner
F, b. 1883
Eva E Jenner
F, b. 1902
M, b. circa 1860, d. 1932
M, b. 1893, d. 1894
Herbert (James) Jenner
M, b. 1885, d. 1921
- Herbert (James) Jenner was born in 1885 in Orange, New South Wales.
- He was the son of George Jenner and Elizabeth Hockey.
- At the age of 27 years, Herbert (James) Jenner married Gladys A K Rosser in 1912 in Millthorpe, New South Wales.
- Herbert (James) Jenner died in 1921 in Millthorpe, New South Wales.
John Samuel Jenner
M, b. 1899, d. 1971
F, b. 1881
Miriam Ethel Jenner
F, b. circa 1885
- Miriam Ethel Jenner was born circa 1885.
- Miriam Ethel Jenner married Ira Stanley Grimmett in 1910 in Queensland.
F, b. 1823, d. 10 July 1903
- Sarah Jennings was born in 1823 in Stanton, Wiltshire, England.
- Sarah Jennings married William Bidgood between October 1843 and December 1843 in Alton Barnes, Wiltshire, England.
- Sarah Jennings and William Bidgood appeared on the census of 7 April 1861 in 18 Lyneham Green, Lynham, Wiltshire, England. William 40, was an engineer born Alton Barnes, Wiltshire and Sarah 38 had been born in Stanford, Wiltshire. Their children Alfred, 15, a labourer born Stanford; Emily 13 born Bichenstoke; Louisa 11 born Bichenstoke; Sarah A aged 4 born Lynham; Rhoda 1 born Lynham all lived with them.
- Sarah Jennings and William Bidgood immigrated to Moreton Bay in 1865. With them were their children: Fred, Emily, Louisa, Ellen, Annie, Rhoda and baby Lucy. Lucy may have died on the voyage to Queensland.
- Sarah Jennings witnessed the marriage of her daughter Ellen Charlotte Bidgood to Francis Houston on 11 February 1874 in Queensland. The Darling Downs Gazette reported "On the 11th February, at Drayton, by the Rev. J.T. Waraker, FRANCIS, son of the late James Houston, of Drayton, to ELLEN, daughter of William Bidgood, of Pipe-Clay Creek, Highfields."
- Sarah Jennings witnessed the marriage of Joseph Cossart and Sarah Ann (Annie) Bidgood on 4 August 1874; They were married in William Bidgood's home at Pipeclay, Perseverance. A wedding notice appeared in The Brisbane Courier on 7 August 1874. It stated "COSSART-BIDGOOD -On the 4th August, at the house of Mr. Wm Bidgood, by the Rev. A. Midgley, Joseph second son of Henry and Mary Cossart, of Highfields, to Annie, fourth daughter of William and Sarah Bidgood, of Highfields."
- In 1877 Sarah's brother Henry Jennings, a stock rider of Clermont, died intestate. Notice that Sarah intended to apply for Letters of Administration was published in The Telegraph on 22 Dec 1877.
- The following article appeared in the Toowoomba Chronicle on 31 December 1881. "FOR PRIVATE SALE— A valuable 100-acre SELECTION situated on Perseverance Road, ½ a mile from the purposed route of the Crow's Nest and Toowoomba Railway Line; it is subdivided into two paddocks; Permanent Springs of Water in each; a 4-roomed dwelling House, with Kitchen and other Outhouses; two acres laid out as Garden and Orchard, with choice Fruit Trees in full bearing. Terms easy. Apply to WILLIAM BIDGOOD at the premises". The advertisement ran for several months. The property was sold to C.H. Buzacott who set up a butter factory on it in 1886. Sarah and William remained at Pipeclay perhaps living with son Alfred or their daughter Annie and son in law Joseph Cossart.
- On 18 February 1903,her husband, William Bidgood died in Dugandan, Boonah, Queensland.
- Sarah Jennings died on 10 July 1903 in Dugandan, Boonah, Queensland. She was 78 years old.
- Sarah was buried on 12 July 1903 in Coulson (formerly Teviotville) Cemetery, Boonah, Queensland.
- The Methodist Church in Crow's Nest erected memorial plaques to early Crow's Nest Pioneers on the Church fence. William & Sarah's names were amongst them.
Children of Sarah Jennings and William Bidgood
- Alfred William (Fred) Bidgood+ b. 13 April 1847, d. 27 August 1929
- Emily Ann Bidgood b. 1848
- Louisa Bidgood b. 1850, d. 16 October 1894
- Ellen Charlotte Bidgood b. 1852, d. 12 July 1928
- Sarah Ann (Annie) Bidgood+ b. 30 October 1855, d. 9 August 1934
- Rhoda Bidgood+ b. 1859, d. 21 June 1936
- Lucy Maria Bidgood b. 8 May 1864
- William Gregory Bidgood+ b. 21 June 1867, d. 19 October 1940
Alice Bertha Jensen
F, b. 1898, d. 1898
Alma Olga Jensen
F, b. circa 1910
Bertha Maria Jensen
F, b. 1872, d. 22 August 1947
- Bertha Maria Jensen was born in 1872.
- At the age of 20 years, Bertha Maria Jensen married George William Tanzer, son of John Nicholas Tanzer and Ernestina Wilhelmina Louise Boll, in 1892 in Queensland.
- Bertha Maria Jensen and George William Tanzer appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1908 living at Cooyar. George was a dairyman.
- Bertha Maria Jensen died on 22 August 1947 in Queensland.
- Bertha was buried in Toogoolawah Cemetery.
Children of Bertha Maria Jensen and George William Tanzer
- William George Tanzer b. 1892, d. 1972
- Arthur Henry Tanzer+ b. 28 April 1898, d. 27 August 1987
- Victor Herbert Emmanuel Tanzer+ b. 21 April 1900, d. 9 April 1970
- Bertha Maria Ethel Tanzer b. 2 March 1903
- Hans Frederick George Tanzer b. 23 November 1905
- John Charles Tanzer b. 23 December 1908
- Violet Marion Gladys Tanzer b. 17 September 1911
Caroline Magdalena Jensen
F, b. 1877, d. 3 March 1957
- Caroline Magdalena Jensen was born in 1877 in Queensland.
- She was the daughter of Hermann Jensen and Bertha Kliese.
- At the age of 19 years, Caroline Magdalena Jensen married Joseph Michael Schwerin, son of Franz Jacob Schwerin and Catherine Elizabeth Langowski, in 1896 in Queensland.
- Caroline Magdalena Jensen died on 3 March 1957 in Queensland.
- Caroline was buried on 5 March 1957 in Evergreen Cemetery. SEC1-005-0040.
Ella Amanda Jensen
F, b. 6 November 1887, d. 21 February 1944
- Ella Amanda Jensen was born on 6 November 1887 in Queensland.
- She was the daughter of Hermann Jensen and Bertha Kliese.
- At the age of 19 years, Ella Amanda Jensen married Hermann Keding, son of Ernst Frederick Gottleib (Fritz) Keding and Augusta Paulina Sternberg, in 1907 in Queensland.
- Ella Amanda Jensen died on 21 February 1944 in Queensland at age 56.
Frederick Norman Jensen
M, b. 1895, d. 1941
George August Jensen
M, b. 1880, d. 1951
Harry Stechel Jensen
M, b. 1884, d. 1937
Herman Charles Jensen
M, b. 1874, d. 1956
- Herman Charles Jensen was born in 1874 in Queensland.
- He was the son of Hermann Jensen and Bertha Kliese.
- At the age of 33 years, Herman Charles Jensen married Bertha Nothdurft, daughter of August Nothdurft and Maria Wilhelmina Behrens, in 1907 in Meringandan, Queensland.
- Herman Charles Jensen and Bertha Nothdurft appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1925 living at Gowrie Little Plain. Herman was a farmer.
- Herman Charles Jensen died in 1956 in Queensland.
M, b. 1848, d. 1903
- Hermann Jensen was born in 1848 in Denmark.
- At the age of 26 years, Hermann Jensen married Bertha Kliese, daughter of Carl Kliese and Wilhelmine Minnie Kath, in 1874 in Queensland.
- Hermann Jensen died in 1903 in Queensland.
Children of Hermann Jensen and Bertha Kliese
- Herman Charles Jensen b. 1874, d. 1956
- Caroline Magdalena Jensen b. 1877, d. 3 March 1957
- Peter Otto Jensen b. 1879, d. 1879
- George August Jensen b. 1880, d. 1951
- Harry Stechel Jensen b. 1884, d. 1937
- Ella Amanda Jensen+ b. 6 November 1887, d. 21 February 1944
- William Taylor Jensen b. 1890, d. 1946
- Frederick Norman Jensen b. 1895, d. 1941
- Alice Bertha Jensen b. 1898, d. 1898
John Norman Jensen
M, b. circa 1900