F, b. 1835, d. 4 January 1915
- Dorothea Ullrich was born in 1835 in Germany. She was the daughter of Henirich Ulrich a clog maker.
- Dorothea Ullrich married Markus Roze circa 1865.
- Before 1901,her husband, Markus Roze died.
- Dorothea Ullrich and Magdalene Elizabeth Roze immigrated to Queensland on 4 June 1901. Magdalena 29, travelled with her mother Dorothea, 63 and two children Auguste aged 11 and Karl A, aged 8 on the Jumna. Maria D M aged 63,was a nurse. They were listed under the Remittence section and most likely travelled to Australia to be with Dorothea's son Henry Rose/Roze/Rotze.
- Dorothea was buried on 4 January 1915 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery.
- Dorothea Ullrich died on 4 January 1915 in Queensland.
- Elizabeth Uln was born circa 1760.
- Elizabeth Uln married George Chivell circa 1788.
Children of Elizabeth Uln and George Chivell
- Matthew Chivell b. 7 August 1789, d. January 1828
- James Chivell b. 27 November 1791
- Jane Chivell b. 15 November 1793
- Thomas Chivell+ b. 1794, d. 1834
- Joseph Chivell+ b. 5 May 1799, d. before 13 May 1855
- Benjamin Chivell+ b. 5 May 1799, d. June 1853
- George Chivell b. 27 June 1802, d. 26 November 1806
F, b. circa 1850
- Christine/Ernestina Ulrich was born circa 1850.
- Christine/Ernestina Ulrich married Karl Vonhoff circa 1885.
M, b. 4 November 1890, d. 10 September 1966
- Charts: Descendants of Thomas Austin
- Hubert Ulrich was born on 4 November 1890 in Western Australia.
- He was the son of Joseph Victor Ulrich and Clara Young.
- Hubert Ulrich began military service on 28 October 1914. Hubert was a 24 year old pearler from Fremantle. He was in the 17th signals 10th Lighthorse who departed on the HMAT A47 Mashobra which disembarked from Fremant on 17 February 1915. Hubert returned to Australia on 28 November 1919.
- At the age of 41 years, 10 months and 10 days, Hubert Ulrich married Una Florence Austin, daughter of William John Honey Austin and Ellen Jane Wilson, on 14 September 1932 in Queensland. They moved to Perth after their marriage.
- Hubert Ulrich began military service on 22 September 1941 in Western Australia. His service number was W38333. He gave his next of kin as Una Ulrich and was living in Perth at the time he enlisted.
- He ended military service on 11 December 1944. He was discharged with the rank of Sergaent in the 1st Training Battalion.
- Hubert Ulrich died on 10 September 1966 in Apple Cross, Western Australia, at age 75. Some time after Hubert's death Una moved to Nambour where her brother Vivian Towers Austin and his family lived.
- Hubert was cremated at Freemantle Crematorium.
Joseph Victor Ulrich
M, b. circa 1860, d. 1907
- Joseph Victor Ulrich was born circa 1860.
- Joseph Victor Ulrich married Clara Young in 1882 in Western Australia.
- Joseph Victor Ulrich died in 1907 in Western Australia.
F, b. circa 1825, d. before 1864
- Margaretha Ulrich was born circa 1825.
- Margaretha Ulrich married Konrad Harth circa 1845 in Germany. (according to his death certificate.)
- Margaretha Ulrich died before 1864 in (possibly Ober-Mockstadt),Darmstadt, Hesse, Germany.
Mary Ann Underwood
F, b. 16 December 1845, d. 13 July 1919
- Mary Ann Underwood was born on 16 December 1845 in New South Wales. She was the daughter of Charles Henry UNDERWOOD and Mary MCCARTY.
- She was baptized on 29 February 1852 in Ipswich.
- At the age of 23 years, 9 months and 18 days, Mary Ann Underwood married Henry Gilbert White, son of William Blessley White and Ann Spencer, on 4 October 1869 in Queensland.
- In 1876 when land was thrown open for selection in the Haden District, then known as "Little Gormorn", Henry selected 1280 acres, portion 1918, in the Parish of Goombungee. The purchase price was 2/6 per acre and payable over five years at 6d. per acre each year. Specific improvements also had to be made over that 5 years. With the help of Mary Ann's brother in laws, Joseph Millard and Robert Cavanagh Henry built a two roomed house of hand trimmed timber with a bark roof. When the house was finished Mary Ann and their three small children Charles, Annie and Sarah moved from Drayton where they had been staying. Amy, their fourth child was the first white child to be born in the district. Four more were born in the following years - George, Ada, Sidney and Gilbert.
Henry named to property "Henton" after his birthplace in England. The Hentonbrook Post Office was established there some years later, mail being delivered by contactors to and from Meringandan until the railway was connected to Haden (then Wahoon). Members of the local aborigine tribes often came to the homestead looking for food and tobacco and during nut season at the Bunya Mountains many other tribes passed through.
While clearing and developing his land, Henry sold butter, cheese and home cured bacon in Toowoomba and Dalby. He was one of the first in the district to do so, and stored his produce in a cellar dug into the side of a hill. After some years a new home replaced the original two bedroom hut. Grapes for wine making and wheat and barley were also grown on the property. He also had a herd of shorthorn cattle and eight hundred sheep.
Henry donated five acres of his land for the building of a school at Doctor's Creek. He also donated the land, around 1923, on which the present St John's church stands today.
- Mary Ann Underwood and Henry Gilbert White appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1908 living at Doctor's Creek. Henry was a farmer. Their daugthers Annie, Ada and Amy also lived at Doctor's Creek. They and Mary Ann carried out home duties. Sons Gilbert, George and Charles were all farmers and most likely still live with their parents.
- In 1911 the White family posed for a photo - Standing Amy, Charles, Annie, Sidney, Ada, John NEWTON, Rose, Gilbert. Sitting - Annie KING with Mary, Henry, Mary Ann with Rosalie, Henry Gilbert, Stanley, Sarah NEWTON with Ada.
- Mary Ann Underwood died on 13 July 1919 in Queensland at age 73.
- Mary was buried on 14 July 1919 in Goombungee Cemetery.
Children of Mary Ann Underwood and Henry Gilbert White
- Charles Spencer White+ b. 7 August 1871, d. 3 February 1938
- Annie White b. 24 June 1873, d. 3 September 1915
- Sarah Ruth White+ b. 22 September 1875, d. 13 March 1942
- Amy Catherina White b. 22 September 1877, d. 29 September 1964
- George William White b. 12 August 1879, d. 14 October 1966
- Ada Ellen White b. 14 September 1881, d. 7 August 1963
- Sidney Richard White b. 13 December 1883, d. 4 February 1960
- Gilbert Julius White+ b. 1 November 1886, d. 23 June 1955
Michael John Unie
M, b. 1927, d. 1982
- Michael John Unie was born in 1927.
- Michael John Unie died in 1982.
M, b. December 1837, d. 1923
- Charles Unwin's birth was registered in the an unknown place , Essex Registration District in the December 1837 Quarter.
- He was the son of Thomas Unwin and Frances Lennard.
- His marriage, at 22 years, to Hannah Symonds was registered in the December 1859 Quarter in Saffron Walden, Essex Registration District.
- Charles Unwin immigrated to Queensland in 1862. Charles 23 and Hannah 22 travelled on the Wasnfell with their infant son Charles S and daughter Alice aged 2 and Charles' brother William aged 17.
- Charles Unwin died in 1923 in Queensland.
F, b. 1907
- Charts: Descendants of William Crawford.
Lucianne Buchanan Unwin
F, b. 1900
- Charts: Descendants of William Crawford.
Sarah Ann Unwin
F, b. September 1840, d. 18 August 1929
- Sarah Ann Unwin's birth was registered in the Saffron Walden, Essex Registration District in the September 1840 Quarter.
- She was the daughter of Thomas Unwin and Frances Lennard.
- Her marriage, at 17 years and 9 months, to William Gowlett was registered in the June 1858 Quarter in Saffron Walden, Essex Registration District.
- Sarah Ann Unwin and William Gowlett immigrated in 1862. William 24, and Sarah Ann 20, travelled on the Wansfell with their two children George H aged 2 and Reuben, an infant. George died on the journey. Sarah's brothers William and Charles and Charles' family made the journey with them.
- Sarah Ann Unwin and William Gowlett appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1905 living at Koorjarewon (Highfields). William was a farmer. Daughter Grace carried out home duties.
- On 2 August 1919,her husband, William Gowlett died in Queensland.
- Sarah Ann Unwin died on 18 August 1929 in Queensland at age 88.
- Sarah was buried in Cabarlah Cemetery.
Children of Sarah Ann Unwin and William Gowlett
- George Henry Gowlett b. June 1859, d. 29 August 1861
- Reuben Gowlett+ b. June 1861, d. 20 April 1936
- Susan Gowlett b. 1863, d. 1935
- James Thomas Gowlett+ b. 1866, d. 14 August 1939
- Harriet Gowlett+ b. 1868, d. February 1928
- William Alfred Gowlett+ b. 7 August 1871, d. 12 January 1942
- Louisa Gowlett+ b. 1872
- Martha Gowlett b. 1875, d. 1955
- Benjamin Gowlett+ b. 21 December 1876, d. 26 December 1961
- Grace Maud Gowlett b. 1879, d. 1956
- Abby Bertha Gowlett b. 1881, d. 26 August 1896
- Olive Blanch Gowlett b. 1884, d. 25 January 1885
M, b. circa 1810
- Thomas Unwin was born circa 1810.
- Thomas Unwin married Frances Lennard circa 1835.
M, b. 1845, d. 1940
- William Unwin was born in 1845 in England.
- He was the son of Thomas Unwin and Frances Lennard.
- William Unwin immigrated in 1862 to Queensland with Charles Unwin. Charles 23 and Hannah 22 travelled on the Wasnfell with their infant son Charles S and daughter Alice aged 2 and Charles' brother William aged 17.
- William Unwin witnessed the burial of William Gillis on 23 October 1882 in Gowrie Little Plain, Queensland; William died of an unknown cause and was buried by order of the Police Magistrate. His son William was the informant of his father's death and he was shown as 76 years old, a blacksmith, born Co. Cork and in the Colony for 35 years. According to William, William senior was married in Brisbane 35 years prior to his death. His children were listed as Frank 30, Ellen 28, Kate 26, William 23, Alice 21, Agnes 20 and Ida 10 (all of the children were actually 2 years older than this).
The following article appeared in the Darling Downs Gazette dated 25th October 1882 "PAINFULLY SUDDEN DEATH - Through the courtesy of the police, we learn of the sudden death of Mr William Gillis, of Gowrie Little Plain. The sad event occurred about noon on Monday last. The deceased was in the act of stooping to pick up some nails when he fell over, and on being raised expired after a few moments in the arms of his son in law. The deceased who was much respected was about seventy years of age and leaves a widow and children and grandchildren. He had for a long period been a resident in the district."
- At the age of 43 years, William Unwin married Mary Ann Warlow in 1888 in Queensland.
- William Unwin and Mary Ann Warlow appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1908 living at Highfields. William was a farmer.
- William Unwin died in 1940 in Queensland.
- William was buried in Highfields Baptist Cemetery.
Willliam J Unwin
M, b. circa 1870
- Willliam J Unwin was born circa 1870.
- Willliam J Unwin married Margaret McAuley circa 1895 in New South Wales.
Amos J Upton
- Amos J Upton married Caroline M Unknown.
Amy Laura Upton
F, b. August 1892, d. 31 July 1966
- Charts: Descendants of George Woods., Descendants of Gregor McGregor., Descendants of Donald Stuart.
- Amy Laura Upton was born in August 1892 in New South Wales.
- She was the daughter of Amos J Upton and Caroline M Unknown.
- At the age of 19 years, Amy Laura Upton married John Evan Woods, son of George Michael Woods and Janet McGregor, in 1912 in Teven, New South Wales, Australia.
- Amy Laura Upton and John Evan Woods appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1919 and 1925 living at "Boonenne", Kingaroy. John was a farmer and Amy carried out home duties.
- Amy Laura Upton and John Evan Woods appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Benair.
- Amy Laura Upton and John Evan Woods appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1949 living at Benair. Jack was a farmer and Amy carried out home duties. Their son George, a farmer also lived at Benair as did their daughter Jean, whose occupation was listed as dairying.
- On 10 August 1952,her husband, John Evan Woods died in Queensland at age 67. He was formerly of Benair.
- Amy Laura Upton appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1954 living at Benair. Amy carried out home duties.
- Amy Laura Upton died on 31 July 1966 at age 73. She was formerly of Inverlaw.
- Amy was buried on 2 August 1966 in Taabinga Cemetery.
Leslie George Upton
M, b. circa 1900
F, b. 1892, d. 9 August 1955
- Charts: Descendants of Charles Eyles
- Susannah Urwin was born in 1892.
- At the age of 37 years, Susannah Urwin married Edward Percy Cresswell, son of James Edward Cresswell and Jessie Rose, in 1929 in New Zealand.
- Susannah Urwin died on 9 August 1955 in New Zealand. Her last address was 1 Francis Street, Foxton.
- Susannah was buried on 10 August 1955 in Foxton Cemetery.
Alfred George Usher
M, b. circa 1880, d. 1963
- Alfred George Usher was born circa 1880. He was the son of Thomas William Usher and Elizabeth Frances Daniells.
- Alfred George Usher married Sarah Jane Parsons in 1899 in Queensland.
- In 1943,his wife, Sarah Jane Parsons died in Queensland.
- Alfred George Usher died in 1963 in Queensland.
Children of Alfred George Usher and Sarah Jane Parsons
Alfred George Usher
M, b. 1906
Alfred George Usher
M, b. 1904, d. 1904
Andrew Alfred Usher
M, b. 1900, d. 1978
Arthur Russell Usher
M, b. 1906, d. 1967
F, b. 1888
F, b. 1873, d. 8 August 1875
Charlotte Ellen Usher
F, b. 1901
Daisy Ruth Usher
F, b. 1914
M, b. 1892
Edmund Lupton Usher
M, b. September 1856, d. 1944
- Edmund Lupton Usher's birth was registered in the Sculcoates, East Riding, Yorkshire Registration District in the September 1856 Quarter.
- He was the son of George Arnold Usher and Emma Duckett.
- Edmund Lupton Usher immigrated on 9 September 1865 to Moreton Bay with George Arnold Usher and Charlotte Grandy. Arnold 30 and Charlotte 28, travelled on the Melmerby with 9 year old Edmund. A son George was born on the voyage.
- At the age of 20 years, Edmund Lupton Usher married Agnes Bootle in 1877 in Queensland.
- Edmund Lupton Usher died in 1944 in Queensland.