Louisa Bertha Kanowski
F, b. 1894
Martha Christine Kanowski
F, b. 1886, d. 1942
- Martha Christine Kanowski was born in 1886 in Queensland.
- She was the daughter of Gottfried Kanowski and Louise Josevski.
- At the age of 25 years, Martha Christine Kanowski married Christoph Frederick Heilig, son of Christioph Frederick Heilig and Christina Walter, in 1911 in Queensland.
- Martha Christine Kanowski and Christoph Frederick Heilig appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1925 living at Goombungee. Chris was a labourer.
- Martha Christine Kanowski died in 1942 in Queensland.
M, b. 1903
- Martin Kanowski was born in 1903 in Queensland.
- He was the son of Frederick Kanowski and Sarah Jane Hill.
- Martin Kanowski appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1925 living at Glencoe. Martin was a farmer.
- At the age of 23 years, Martin Kanowski married Hannah Lousia Sophia Dunemann, daughter of Heinrich Christian August Dunemann and Anna Louisa Kahler, in 1926 in Queensland.
Maxwell Douglas Kanowski
M, b. 1930, d. 29 October 1993
Raymond George Kanowski
M, b. 1928, d. 9 August 1994
- Raymond George Kanowski was born in 1928.
- He was the son of George Frederick Kanowski and Christina Emilie Ludke.
- Raymond George Kanowski married Maureen Rose Fitch, daughter of Henry Fitch and Rose Muhling, circa 1950.
- Raymond George Kanowski and Maureen Rose Fitch appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1958 living at Short Street, Crow's Nest. He was a builder.
- He was a builder.
- Raymond George Kanowski died on 9 August 1994.
- He was buried on 12 August 1994 in Crow's Nest Cemetery.
Raymond William Kanowski
M, b. 1912
F, b. 1905, d. 10 July 1919
Stanley Eric Kanowski
M, b. 23 June 1918, d. 2 February 2006
- Stanley Eric Kanowski was born on 23 June 1918 in Queensland.
- He was the son of David Herman Kanowski and Anna Sperling.
- Stanley Eric Kanowski attendedDjuan State School. He left at the age of 11 to help on the family farm.
- On 20 September 1924,Stanley Eric Kanowski's father, David Herman Kanowski died in Queensland.
- At the age of 22 years, 7 months and 9 days, Stanley Eric Kanowski married Dulcie May Walker, daughter of Alfred Stewart Walker and Lily Beatrice Loveday, on 1 February 1941. Stan and Dulcie share farmed for Jessie McPhail after their marriage.
- Stanley Eric Kanowski was christened on 10 April 1942 in Djuan Lutheran Church. He was confirmed at the time by Pastor Poland.
- He enlisted in the Australian Army on 15 August 1942 in Crow's Nest He was living at Pinelands when he enlisted and gave his next of kin as his wife Dulcie. His service number was Q143895. He was discharged on 7 Jul 1943 with the rank of Private in the 111 General Transport Company. According to his Eulogy he was discharged at his mother's request in order to manage the family farm.
- He and Dulcie May Walker appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Pierce Creek. Stan was a farmer.
- Stanley Eric Kanowski and Dulcie May Walker appeared on the Electoral Roll between 1949 and 1958 living at Pinelands. Stan was a farmer.
- On 6 January 1991,his wife, Dulcie May Walker died at age 72.
- Stanley Eric Kanowski died on 2 February 2006 in Crow's Nest at age 87.
- He was buried on 13 February 2006 in Crow's Nest Cemetery after a service at St Luke's Lutheran Church, Crow's Nest.
- From his Eulogy" Stanley's career involved mixed farming (dairying, pigs, produce (fruit and veggies)). He exhibited champion butterfat cows at local shows. Stanley was a multi-skilled farmer. He practised his knowledge in mechanics, plumbing, water divining, veterinary requirements and carpentry. His ability in these areas touched the hearts of many people. He was also a dedicated and active member of the Crow's Nest AH&I Society (duly honoured with Life Membership).
Stan's social and sporting life was inspiring. He had a passion for tin kettling, played cricket (maiden century at 50 years of age), fox hunting, old-time dancing (waltz of Vienna - a favourite), Pinelands Hall (chair), bus committee, lawn bowls (he was an esteemed past president of Crow's Nest Lawn Bowels - acted with dignity and pride). From his heart and passion for sport he generously donated a premiership shield for cricket and a family open shield for lawn bowls. He was a member of the Masonic Lodge. He enjoyed exchanging hairdressing favours with family members.
Staley enjoyed a full life. He was a loving and passionate father and a respected, adored and generous grandfather and great grandfather. He was particular with dress and well mannered - a true gentleman, loved by all. He enjoyed good health, inherited family recipes, drank water, ate fruit, and enjoyed a nip of wine at bedtime.
In October 1996 Stan had a triple heart bypass operation that involved a valve replacement and pacemaker implant to reassure his heart function. Quote: “I will live forever". Unfortunately, Stanley’s health was to slowly deteriorate. His heart ire and he passed away peacefully on 2nd February 2006. His lifelong wish in the comfort of his own home."
Sylvia Coral Kanowski
F, b. 26 January 1925, d. 1980
- Sylvia Coral Kanowski was born on 26 January 1925 in Yarraman.
- She was the daughter of George Frederick Kanowski and Christina Emilie Ludke.
- Sylvia Coral Kanowski enlisted in the Australian Air Force on 23 March 1945 in Brisbane Her service number was 102699 and she was living in Crow's Nest at the time she enlisted. She gave her next of kin as George Kanowski. She was discharged on 13 February 1946 with the rank of Aircraftwoman in the Brisbane Telecommunications Unit.
- She appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1949 living at Mountain Camp. She carried out home duties.
- Sylvia Coral Kanowski died in 1980 in Queensland.
Sylvia Isabella (Mavis) Kanowski
F, b. circa 1921, d. 1985
- Sylvia Isabella (Mavis) Kanowski was born circa 1921.
- She was the daughter of David Herman Kanowski and Anna Sperling.
- Sylvia Isabella (Mavis) Kanowski married Edward Stark, son of August John Stark and Mathilde Auguste Steinberg, in 1940 in Queensland.
- Sylvia Isabella (Mavis) Kanowski and Edward Stark appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Thornville. He was a labourer.
- Sylvia Isabella (Mavis) Kanowski appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1943 living at Wutul. She carried out home duties.
- In 1969,her husband, Edward Stark died in Queensland.
- Sylvia Isabella (Mavis) Kanowski died in 1985 in Queensland.
F, b. 1856, d. 24 February 1929
- Wilhelmina Kanowski was born in 1856 in Germany.
- She was the daughter of Johann Kanowski and Anna Beiber.
- Wilhelmina Kanowski immigrated on 16 July 1874 to Queensland with Johann Kanowski and Anna Beiber. Johann 48, and Anna 48, travelled on the Herschele with their children Eufrosene 20, Caroline 16, Carl 14, Wilhelmine 18, Frederick 8. Son Johann came on the Cametic in 1881 and Gottfried and his wife in 1877 on the Charles Dickins.
- At the age of 19 years, Wilhelmina Kanowski married Jost Mengel, son of Conrad Mengel and Anna Elizabeth Berghofer, in 1875 in Queensland.
- Wilhelmina Kanowski and Jost Mengel appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1903 living at Glencoe. Wilhelmina carried out domestic duties and Justice was a farmer. Her parents and brothers also farmed at Glencoe.
- On 9 October 1918,her husband, Jost Mengel died in Queensland at age 75.
- Wilhelmina Kanowski died on 24 February 1929 in Toowoomba.
- She was buried on 25 February 1929 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery.
Unknown Karl Anna
F, b. 1875, d. 1968
F, b. 30 April 1846
- Kristina Karlson was also known as Christina Carlsen.
- She was born on 30 April 1846 in Ostmark Parish, Varmland County, Norway (now Sweden).
- Kristina Karlson married Julius (Jul, Jules, John, Hugh) Andersen circa 1868.
- Kristina Karlson and Julius (Jul, Jules, John, Hugh) Andersen immigrated on 8 January 1873. Jules 31 and Christine 27, arrived on the Lammershargen with their children Charles aged 3 and Anna 1 1/2 years. The ship left Hamburg on 6 Oct 1872 and after its arrival at Moreton Bay went into quarantine. Also on the ship were Hans 32, Marie 28, Emma 9 and Ola 2. The surname for all was spelt ANDREASSEN.
- On 20 February 1874,Kristina Karlson's son, Johann Albert Andreson was born in Queensland.
- On 21 October 1876 Juls placed and advertistment in the Darling Downs Gazette stating:- "I hereby CAUTION anyone against giving my wife CHRISTENA ANDERSEN, credit on my account as I will not be responsible for the same, she having left her home without reasonable cause.
Highfields, 17 October 1876."
- On 30 June 1877,Kristina Karlson's son, Joseph William Oscar Andersen was born in Pechey, Queensland.
- Kristina Karlson and Julius (Jul, Jules, John, Hugh) Andersen were separated after 1878. No further information has been found for Kristiana Karlson.
Children of Kristina Karlson and Julius (Jul, Jules, John, Hugh) Andersen
F, b. circa 1890
Annie Louisa Kath
F, b. 1893, d. 1963
August Herman Kath
M, b. 1899, d. 1950
- August Herman Kath was born in 1899 in Queensland.
- He was the son of Heinrich Kath and Johanna Albertine Nitz.
- At the age of 24 years, August Herman Kath married Mabel Kajewski, daughter of August Kajewski and Henrietta Kretschmann, in 1923 in Queensland.
- August Herman Kath died in 1950 in Queensland.
Auguste Louise Ferdricke Kath
F, b. 1874, d. 27 December 1957
- Auguste Louise Ferdricke Kath was born in 1874.
- She was the daughter of Eduard Christrich Kath and Antonia Hetwig Henriette Walters.
- Auguste Louise Ferdricke Kath immigrated on 29 April 1884 to Queensland with Antonia Hetwig Henriette Walters and Eduard Christrich Kath. Edwuard 56 and Antonie 51, travelled on the Almore with their children Herman 21, Heinrich 13, William 17 and Louise 10. Their details were recorded under the Free Nominated Section.
- At the age of 19 years, Auguste Louise Ferdricke Kath married August Nitz, son of Gustav Fredrick Ferdinand Nitz and Henrietta Charlotte Albertine Heier, in 1893 in Queensland.
- Auguste Louise Ferdricke Kath and August Nitz appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1908 living at Meringandan. August was a farmer and Louisa carried out home duties.
- Auguste Louise Ferdricke Kath and August Nitz appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1913 living at Gowrie Little Plain. August was a farmer.
- Auguste Louise Ferdricke Kath died on 27 December 1957 in Queensland.
- She was buried in Glencoe Cemetery.
Children of Auguste Louise Ferdricke Kath and August Nitz
- Theresa Johanna Nitz b. 1893, d. 1893
- Henriette Therese Nitz+ b. 18 January 1894, d. 28 October 1992
- Louisa Johanna Nitz b. 1896
- Wilhelm Gustav Nitz b. 1899
- Frederick Paul Nitz b. 12 November 1902, d. 3 December 1994
- August Ferderick Nitz b. 1905
- Albert Herman Nitz b. 17 April 1906, d. 9 May 1995
- Annie Dorothy Nitz b. 1908
- Mabel Esther Nitz b. 12 February 1910, d. 4 October 1996
- Olga Bertha Nitz b. 1911
Bertha Augusta Kath
F, b. 1890
Charlie Herman Kath
M, b. 1895, d. 2 December 1974
Dorothea Ethel Kath
F, b. 1903
- Charts: Descendants of John Maddern , Descendants of Stephen Lower, Descendants of John Gill (#1), Descendants of John Gill (#2)
F, b. 2 April 1896, d. 30 May 1968
- Eda Kath was born on 2 April 1896 in Queensland.
- She was the daughter of William Henry Kath and Maria (Mary Catherine) Christina Pfeiffer.
- At the age of 20 years, 10 months and 27 days, Eda Kath married Erskin Eldridge on 1 March 1917 in Queensland.
- Eda Kath died on 30 May 1968 in Queensland at age 72.
Eduard Christrich Kath
M, b. 1828, d. 1885
- Eduard Christrich Kath was born in 1828. He was the son of William Kath and Anne Neilsbun.
- Eduard Christrich Kath married Antonia Hetwig Henriette Walters circa 1860.
- Eduard Christrich Kath and Antonia Hetwig Henriette Walters immigrated to Queensland on 29 April 1884. Edwuard 56 and Antonie 51, travelled on the Almore with their children Herman 21, Heinrich 13, William 17 and Louise 10. Their details were recorded under the Free Nominated Section.
- Eduard Christrich Kath died in 1885 in Queensland.
Edward Paul Kath
M, b. 1907, d. 29 July 1991
Elsie Alice Kath
F, b. 1901
Ernest Edward Kath
M, b. 1907, d. 17 June 1971
- Ernest Edward Kath was born in 1907 in Queensland.
- He was the son of Hermann Kath and Minna Annie Dorothy Schultz.
- At the age of 24 years, Ernest Edward Kath married Winifred Jane Jones in 1931 in Queensland.
- Ernest Edward Kath died on 17 June 1971 in Queensland.
- He was buried on 19 June 1971 in Drayton & Toowoomba Cemetery.
Ernst Albert Kath
M, b. 1904, d. 2 March 1974
Florence Grace Kath
F, b. 28 November 1903, d. 12 November 1974
- Florence Grace Kath was born on 28 November 1903 in Queensland.
- She was the daughter of William Henry Kath and Maria (Mary Catherine) Christina Pfeiffer.
- Florence Grace Kath appeared on the Electoral Roll in 1925 living at Goombungee. She carried out home duties.
- At the age of 21 years, Florence Grace Kath married Vernon Martin Hansen in 1925 in Queensland.
- Florence Grace Kath died on 12 November 1974 in Queensland at age 70.
Frederick William Kath
M, b. 1899, d. 24 November 1980
M, b. 29 June 1894, d. 1981
- Fredrich Kath was born on 29 June 1894 in Queensland.
- He was the son of William Henry Kath and Maria (Mary Catherine) Christina Pfeiffer.
- At the age of 20 years, 4 months and 26 days, Fredrich Kath married Alice Elizabeth Maud Skuse, daughter of Henry Skuse and Margaret Eliza Fleming, on 24 November 1914 in Queensland. Both Elizabeth and Fred lived at Goombungee.
- Fredrich Kath was listed as the next of kin of Nevell Stanley Kath when she enlisted in the Australian Army on 16 March 1943 in New South Wales. Neville was living at Toowoomba at the time he enlisted and gave his next of kin as his father Frederick. He was a Captain in the 19th Australian Infantry Battalion at the time of his death.
- On 13 March 1945,their son, Nevell Stanley Kath died in Papua New Guinea at age 28. His parents were living at Mt Tyson at the time he died.
- In 1968,his wife, Alice Elizabeth Maud Skuse died in Queensland.
- Fredrich Kath died in 1981 in Queensland.
F, b. 4 November 1840, d. 4 June 1912
- Chyebassa - 4 April 1884: Other Immigrants on the same ship
- Friedricke Kath was born on 4 November 1840 in Pommern, Germany. She was the daughter of Wilhelm Kath and Johanna Rebine.
- Friedricke Kath married Johann David Christlieb (Carl) Priebe circa 1860.
- Friedricke Kath and Johann David Christlieb (Carl) Priebe immigrated to Brisbane on 4 April 1884. Christy 51, and Fredrika 43 travelled on the Chyebassa which left Plymouth on 14 Feb 1884 with their children Herman 21, Bertha 20, Carl 13, Albert 11, Wilhelmine 8 and Gustav 4. The surname is spelt PHIEBE on the index.
- On 25 August 1898,her husband, Johann David Christlieb (Carl) Priebe died in Queensland at age 66.
- Friedricke Kath died on 4 June 1912 in Queensland at age 71.
- She was buried on 8 June 1912 in Douglas Cemetery.